Front-End Team Lead - Diner Application at Grubhub
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 21.2 million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 150,000 restaurants in 2,700 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
You are a technical expert. You are a people person. You find just as much fulfillment in large refactor as you do in unlocking an engineer's full potential. You are thoughtful and inquisitive in code reviews. You love the ideation, the discussion, and the teamwork. You are the source of calm to your team and you are inclusive and make decisions as such to impact the culture of your team and those around you. You are a leader.
You Should Have
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Related Field
- 6+ years building highly-scalable interactive web applications (e-commerce preferred) and 2+ years managing engineers
- Expert knowledge of front end technologies and modern best practices
- Significant experience leading teams and mentoring ICs in their career growth
- Proven track record of working with stakeholders to define business requirements, communicate technical limitations, and roadmap future work for engineering teams.
- History of hiring and building inclusive teams that empower all individuals to do their best work and have fun while doing it.
- Shipped large initiatives to production and coordinated work amongst several teams
And Of Course, Perks!
- PTO. It’s true, we provide you a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.