Front End UI Developer
Compass is hiring a frontend developer to put elegantly designed websites together and code internal creative services tools into being. You’ll be part of our creative studio team, working hand-in-hand with our digital designers, with support from our world-class engineering team when needed.
As a Frontend Developer in the Creative Studio, you are responsible for building high fidelity websites and web applications that work perfectly at every breakpoint. Producing work as beautiful as agents.compass.com or sign.compass.com is innate to you. Your work covers near-infinite range of projects that engage with all elements of HTML, CSS and JS. If you are eager to push the boundaries of what is possible with these languages, you should join Compass.
You must include a link to live demos of your work to be considered.
What We're Looking for:
- To excel in this role, you’ve got to know your way around libraries and languages.
- The same is true for other stylesheet languages you may have mastered, such as Sass/SCSS.
- You can create pixel perfect websites and SPAs
- Object-oriented programming (OOP) is no problem for you and you can work according to strict coding standards and other technical requirements.
- You also have experience with animations and responsive web development.
- Crucially, you know how to turn all of your competencies into lucid code that both your coworkers and web browsers can understand.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Ability to create code in an organized and logical manner.
- Strong attention for details to create cohesiveness (animation, spacing, typography, element sizing) across a sizable website.
- Three.js and Canvas is a plus - the implementation of each 3d design is on a case-by-case basis, level of difficulty varies greatly.
Creativity comes naturally to you. You might be a specialist in a single craft, but you’re a generalist when it comes to solving creative problems. You have pragmatic, hands-on experience and a strong knowledge of trends and technologies in digital media.