Front-end UI Developer at Paxful
Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer powered bitcoin marketplace and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 financial networks that empowers both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in New York, with offices in Estonia, Hong Kong and the Philippines. Currently, we have over 200 dedicated employees globally and are growing rapidly. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful teams tend to have:
- An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
- A proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
- Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
- Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
- An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
- Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
Sound like a fit?
We are looking for a Frontend UI Developer who will write modern, responsive, and clean HTML/JSX+SCSS code. Working with the Front-end team at the New York office, you'll be using your awesome software development skills to ensure the creation of new functionality and have an impact on UI/UX of one of the largest peer-to-peer bitcoin exchange services. Responsibilities include creation of new features together with a React developer using the most advanced technologies and modern frameworks. Ultimately, you will help change the global fintech system for the better.
What you’ll be doing:
- Write modern, responsive and clean HTML/JSX+SCSS code and learn new knowledge based on the high coding standards of Paxful
- Directly impact the UI library, collaborating closely with our technical managers
- Upgrade your knowledge and skills and become a skilled React/Typescript developer
- Help to troubleshoot, test, and maintain the UI part of the product
- Be part of an incredible experience working in an international team distributed between New York and Europe
What you’ll bring to this role:
- At least 3 years of development experience
- Strong CSS, SCSS, and other pre-processors skills
- Experience with Webpack techniques
- Experience with Semantic HTML
- Good knowledge of Flexbox layout engine
- Experience with a pixel-perfect approach
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Experience with web and graphics design
- Experience JSX, React, and TypeScript
- Ready to work in a fast paced growing environment
- Experience with working in a team setting
- Experience or interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain, and/or financial technology
- Healthcare insurance, including dental and vision
- Catered lunch and dinner daily, with premium snacks
- Gym membership of your choice and personal training sessions
- Sports nutrition and supplements, massages and chiropractor sessions
- Training and professional development resources
- Paid company events and retreats
- Generous paid time off
- Paid maternity/paternity leave including a one-time bonus to support newborn
- Commuter benefits
- 401(k) with company matching
- Accessible office in the Flatiron District
- Flexible hours