Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Nifty Gateway
Nifty Gateway is the premier marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or “Nifties” (NFTs) — digital art and collectibles, recorded on the Ethereum blockchain. We release exclusive content from well known artists and brands each week. Major artists we have worked with in the past include Kenny Scharf, Lyle Owerko, Steven Baltay, and Oliver Latta. Our collections usually sell out in minutes and immediately trade up in value on our proprietary peer-to-peer marketplace.
Nifty Gateway is a “startup within a startup” — we’re Gemini employees, and we use some of Gemini’s crypto infrastructure, but we have our own tech stack and unique team culture.
Role: Frontend Engineer
As a Frontend Engineer, you’ll be working on the Nifty Gateway frontend. Our product is built in React, and you'll be a core contributor. By driving user experience and design, your work will onboard the next wave of NFT digital art collectors and you'll play a large part in scaling this product.
Responsibilities of this Role:
- Write code that works quickly and efficiently
- Ensure everything you write is trustworthy and secure
- Work effectively with a high degree of autonomy
- Interface with other team members to collaborate and build mission critical portions of the app
- Be an influencer of the evolving NFT digital art space
- 1-3+ years of engineering experience
- Track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, being detail oriented, and delivering results in an organized manner
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- An interest in and general understanding of art, fashion, sports, e-sports and/or collectibles industries
- Familiarity and interest with nifties and digital collectibles — we're an NFT company after all!
- Knowledge of NFTs and Ethereum
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.