Frontend Engineer - Nifty Gateway at Gemini
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Nifty Gateway is a product that allows users to buy and manage blockchain based digital collectibles (known as ‘nifties). Nifty Gateway is on a mission to make nifties and blockchain mainstream and they will not rest until 1 billion people are collecting nifties.
The Department: Design Technology
In Design Tech, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. A dynamic team of designers, engineers, researchers, our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product interface for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and obsessed with the user.
The Role: Frontend Engineer
The Nifty Gateway frontend team is responsible for building a user interface that is intuitive, simple to understand and adaptable. We work with many different projects that create nifties, and our frontend is malleable based on the demands.
In this role, you will have ownership over the small but important details of our frontend that keep everything running smoothly, such as our configuration and deployment. You should be passionate about creating something that is robust, dependance and adaptable and taking a leadership role in making sure that we are doing everything correctly. You will also be responsible for ensuring that our product is simple and easy to use.
The Nifty Gateway frontend is built in React.
- 2-3 years experience working with React and Redux
- Must be passionate about UX, design and building great products that anyone can access easily
- Must be willing to take an ownership role on the nitty gritty parts of building a front end - configurations, deployments, etc.
- Must be willing to work 3x as hard as other people you know and accomplish things in ½ the amount of time as other people you know
- Must be willing to not rest until 1 billion people are collecting nifties
- Passionate about art, collectibles, our digital future and nifties
- Previously worked in ecommerce
- Previously worked in some kind of two way marketplace where vendors post a variety of items
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.