Frontend Engineer at Paxos
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. Our frontend engineers work as a small, agile unit consulting across product lines to improve usability throughout the business. Paxos defies traditional divisions and gives frontend engineers ownership over the design, implementation and testing of new features. Every engineer, despite seniority, has the opportunity to influence our product strategy by working directly with stakeholders, helping define feature requirements, and refine usability patterns. A commitment to teamwork, empathy, and strong communication skills are absolute requirements.
Paxos uses a mix of open source technologies and leading vendor offerings to build our products. As a member of the frontend team, you will primarily work with:
- React, Typescript, and SASS for implementing layouts
- Webpack and NodeJS to build our application
- Figma for designing interfaces
As a Frontend Engineer you'll get to:
- Help found an internal component library that will be used across business lines and in marketing materials to standardize Paxos look and feel.
- Implement interfaces for a variety of internal and external facing features taking inspiration from both the crypto and fintech worlds.
- Work closely with stakeholders to build empathy maps and user experience diagrams for new features, workflows, and products.
- Create high resolution mockups to test interfaces with users.
- Help to define the company’s design to engineering pipeline.
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- Extensive JS experience, pre and post ES6. Comfort writing code for the DOM and transpiler.
- 1-3 years of work experience (as either a technical designer or frontend engineer)
- Comfort using one or more Interface Framework (React, Vue, Angular, etc.)
- Design Prototyping software experience (Figma, XD or Sketch)
You might also have:
- Strong, loosely held opinions on frontend state management, layout construction, and testing strategy
- An understanding of how to leverage typed languages to improve code safety
- Basic understanding of raw HTML / CSS
- Experience working cross functionally and directly with stakeholders
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a $500 quarterly stipend for development, a $500 stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Life at Paxos
- 2021 Paxos Year in Review
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Meta's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Mercado Libre Creating Biggest Crypto Market in LatAm through Paxos
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- Paxos Hiring 400 Employees in 2022
- Paxos CEO Discusses Crypto, Blockchain and the Future of Finance
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
- Paxos CEO Discusses How Blockchain can Replatform the Financial System
- Cointelegraph names Paxos CEO in Top 100 influencers in crypto and blockchain
- BuiltIn NYC Names Paxos a 2022 Best Place to Work
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.