Frontend Engineer at Brigit (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:34 a.m. (EST) on Friday, March 4, 2022
Hi, we're Brigit! A holistic financial health company helping every American build a brighter financial future. With a business model that is aligned with our customers, we create transparent, fair, and simple financial products that put money back in the hands of our members, help them spend wisely, avoid unfair fees and build their credit quickly. We're backed by leading VC's including Lightspeed Venture Partners and DCM, a number of the world's most influential social impact investors like Flourish and Sound, and several mission driven celebrity investors like Kevin Durant and Will Smith! If autonomy, ownership, and having meaningful input at the company you work for is important to you, come join our growing team!
Brigit is looking for a Frontend Engineer to help us scale our next-gen consumer finance platform. Our product has tremendous traction helping 1million+ low income Americans make ends meet. We’ve built beautifully designed, user-centric mobile and web clients with React (including React Native) and TypeScript, but we need help in making them even more user friendly & extensible.
As we approach our next phase of growth, we're scoping out new products and features helping our users save more and improve their credit options - in short, better equipping them along their financial journey. You'll have the opportunity to leverage the platform of our current frontend & backend base to build these new products from the ground up for millions of users. Financial products often come with difficult user challenges, and if you're excited by the idea of reconstructing difficult concepts into easy-to-use interfaces and products for end-users, then this is the right role for you.
Our engineering team has two main goals:
1) Ship Features supporting numerous external and internal applications. The next generation of our product may look nothing like what it does today - and we welcome that! The degree to which we design and create new features (and even new products) for users, architect our frontend-backend communications, implement design-to-development processes will make or break our success.
2) Scalability & Maintainability of our user-facing applications. Growing from 100k users to 10 million presents unique technical challenges. Because we’re growing so quickly, the efficiency and reliability of both our customer facing and internal tools needs to improve. In addition to creating new features, we have many tasks to tackle including the creation and upkeep of components & libraries, REST API design, testing & QA processes, and CI/CD enhancements.
The engineering team is small and nimble; you'll get an extraordinary amount of autonomy and ownership. More importantly, you’ll have a large say in the direction of the company -- both in terms of our technology and our product. One of our greatest strengths is the speed with which we can move. If you want to propose a new way of doing things, we are all ears. If you have an idea for a new feature, we'll be open to it. A new design paradigm? Bring it on.
At Brigit you'll find engineering best practices inspired by our experiences at Palantir, Amazon, Two Sigma, a mature CI/CD process, an easy-to-use local/staging/production development environment, and teammates willing to fill in the gaps. We automate manual things so we can focus on thinking and building something that truly helps people.
What You Have
- Experience using HTML & CSS to create beautiful interfaces
- Up-to-date grasp of the constantly evolving JS language standards, ES6 and beyond
- Experience consuming (and spec'ing requirements for) REST APIs
- TypeScript or other compile-to-JS language is a plus; Fullstack/Backend experience (esp. in Java) is a plus; quantitative skills, knowledge or experience in Finance is a plus
- You are a self-starter, self-motivated, and able to work independently and manage multiple projects under minimal supervision
- Experience building UI/UX for new features from end-to-end
- The ability to rebuild an internal dashboard from scratch which greatly enhances our internal customer success team’s efficiency
What You'll Be Doing
- Implementing interaction and motion design for more delightful user experiences
- Unifying our component and styling libraries to be shared across our mobile and web clients
- Automating visual testing & visual regression detection processes
- Creating new mobile & web clients for upcoming products
- Work with the Product & Design teams to spec, build, and ship a new Financial Health Score feature
- A/B testing and optimizing features that boost our business’ bottom line
- Scale out our mobile/web client distribution to over 2 million users
Our Benefits & Team
-Help hard working Americans build a brighter financial future
-High-growth company at an early stage
-A dynamic, flexible and collaborative start-up work environment with a highly talented team
-Minimum 3 weeks PTO
-Paid Parental Leave
-Monthly reimbursements to use against wifi and cell phone bills
At Brigit, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Read Full Job Description