Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Design Technology
Design Technology is a team of designers, engineers, and researchers who blend beauty with tech to create world-class experiences for Gemini. We are inspired by creativity, fueled by data, and obsessed with simplicity.
The Role: Lead Frontend Engineer
Our frontend engineers are experts at making Gemini's mission clear and accessible to our customers through intelligent development of well-designed visual elements. An ideal candidate will have a strong aptitude for identifying opportunities to improve user experience, robust experience translating design frameworks into code to improve both internal and user-facing applications, and a proactive desire to collaborate with fellow developers, designers, and marketing managers to present a shared artistic vision.
- Focus on technical decision making, leading work that affects one or more complex systems and mission-critical areas
- Consistently deliver code that sets the standard for quality and maintainability
- Gain a broad understanding of our architecture and how your domain fits within it
- Systematically think through potential design impacts on other teams and the company
- Act as the go-to expert in an area, with an increasingly strategic mindset
- Influence others about technical tradeoffs & decisions
- Develop and maintain front end functionality for multiple products, including Gemini’s internal Admin Tool, Cash Management tools, Trading UIs, Website, Compliance tools, etc
- Work with key stakeholders effectively to solve problems and make decisions
- 7+ years frontend development experience and 2+ years as a lead
- Expertise in React
- Can contribute best-practices and architectural leadership to our front end applications and help pick the architecture, frameworks and tooling
- A strong understanding of UX/UI concepts and interface usability with a demonstrated record of good design flow in interactive applications
- Demonstrated experience working with data displays and/or large data sets
- Advanced experience building dynamic web interfaces using React.js
- Experience with
- Scala, Java or another JVM based languages
- Working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology
- Financial technology in the financial services industry, such as on exchanges or trading firms
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.