Frontend Engineering Manager- Diner Experience at Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The customer experience of a diner starts with the first pixel and ends when the order is eaten by the diner. Our engineering managers are not only experienced technologists, but provide technical leadership on company initiatives and manage a team of engineers. You will be responsible for ensuring that your team can execute to the same bar as yourself and provide coaching and mentorship to your team. This team will be executing deliverables that expand across departments and services throughout the Grubhub organization and will require the team to take on the challenges of the Grubhub marketplace. This role requires the ability to lead engineers to be able to translate UX designs into a capable application that can scale with our business.
The Impact You Will Make
- Strategy and execution of frontend experience across platforms within our Core Diner Team.
- Leading and mentoring a team of frontend engineers to provide our diners with an unbelievable and consistent experience.
- Coach engineers and provide guidance on your team's career goals. Including 1 on 1s, evaluating performance, and setting appropriate goals.
- Create and solve complex technical problems across our Grubhub and Seamless brands.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we'll need your help to do that.a
- Manage team members under their purview, including resource performance review management, career development, and conflict mitigation
What You Bring to the Table
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar relevant field
- 6+ years working experience in frontend application experience
- 2+ years in a leadership capacity or with leadership responsibilities
- Demonstrable experience developing web or native application software (React, Swift or Kotlin), especially high volume e-commerce systems
- Experience in communicating technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience building effective relationships with technical, product, & design peers
- Expertise in engineering frontend application systems architecture, especially high volume consumer-facing applications
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple priorities and projects
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Ability to coach and mentor team members
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- You will work with your team to monitor and ensure the health of the platform, which includes a 24/7 hour on-call rotation, to ensure a great customer experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it's safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]