Frontend Engineering Manager, Marketing at Gemini
HELP US BUILD THE FUTURE OF MONEY
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Design Technology
In Design Tech, we think comfort zones are the enemy of creativity. A dynamic team of designers, engineers, researchers, our team blends beauty with tech to create a world-class product interface for our exchange. We are inspired by design, fueled by data, and obsessed with the user, both retail and institution.
The Role: Frontend Engineering Manager, Marketing
Our frontend engineers are experts at making Gemini's mission clear and accessible to our customers through intelligent development of well-designed visual elements.
You will provide direct leadership and technical mentorship for our frontend engineering team, and influence Gemini engineering leaders to achieve strategic growth goals. You are among the best managers who support their teams, eliminating roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership. Since this team is continually growing, you will work closely with the Gemini People Team to expand the skills and capabilities of your team, while also ensuring that we retain a talented team where everyone can learn and grow.
This position is full-time at Gemini’s working hubs in New York City, Chicago, Portland, LA, and the SF Bay Area.
- Mentor developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Provide technical input on planning, design, and requirements-gathering process for marketing and marketing features that are implemented
- Participate in team code review with fellow engineers, with a keen eye towards correctness, style, and information security concerns
- Work hands on, enhancing performance, maintainability, and operations of the Gemini internal tool code base when needed
- Influence code quality, organization, and automatizations
- Prior experience developing and maintaining front end functionality in collaboration with design + marketing teams
- 2+ years experience managing frontend teams and strategy
- Proven ability to identify and develop leaders, both as individual contributors as well as managers
- Demonstrated experience working with data displays and/or large data sets
- Experience building dynamic web interfaces using React.js
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with
- Scala, Java or another JVM based languages
- Working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology
- Financial technology in the financial services industry, such as on exchanges or trading firms
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events