Frontend Engineering Manager at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Role: Frontend Engineering Manager
Our frontend engineers are experts at making Gemini's mission clear and accessible to our customers through intelligent development of well-designed visual elements.
You will provide direct leadership and technical mentorship for our frontend engineering team, and influence Gemini engineering leaders to achieve strategic growth goals. You are among the best managers who support their teams, eliminating roadblocks and giving individual contributors autonomy and ownership. Since this team is continually growing, you will work closely with the Gemini People Team to expand the skills and capabilities of your team, while also ensuring that we retain a talented team where everyone can learn and grow.
This position is full-time remote. Gemini’s working hubs are in New York City, Chicago, Portland, LA, and the SF Bay Areaand recruiters will keep this in mind when sourcing)
- Mentor developers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers
- Provide technical input on planning, design, and requirements-gathering process for marketing and marketing features that are implemented
- Participate in team code review with fellow engineers, with a keen eye towards correctness, style, and information security concerns
- Work hands on, enhancing performance, maintainability, and operations of the Gemini internal tool code base when needed
- Influence code quality, organization, and automatizations
- Prior experience developing and maintaining front end functionality in collaboration with design + marketing teams
- 2+ years experience managing frontend teams and strategy
- Proven ability to identify and develop leaders, both as individual contributors as well as managers
- Demonstrated experience working with data displays and/or large data sets
- Experience building dynamic web interfaces using React.js
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience with
- Scala, Java or another JVM based languages
- Working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology
- Financial technology in the financial services industry, such as on exchanges or trading firms
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.