At Teachable, we're looking for a frontend engineer to join our Internal Tools pod of our Technology team; we believe that great teams are needed to build great tools. In this role, you will be using your frontend expertise to build web applications with other engineers, product designers, and product managers.
Working closely with your team, you will help manage applications and tools which enable teams across the company to run more efficiently, troubleshoot accounts, and manage compliance and privacy tools. Our platform supports thousands of instructors and millions of students, so there is no shortage of challenges to tackle—but that's what keeps things interesting.
- Be using your frontend expertise to build web applications with other engineers, product designers, and product managers.
- Work with multiple teams — Customer Operations, Fraud and Compliance, and other technology teams — helping the organization be as productive as possible.
- Automate common workflows and defining + building improvements to make the company more efficient.Well versed in good programming practices that lead to scalable, performant, and maintainable software.
- Work with other frontend engineers to improve the codebase, design system, and your craft as part of the Frontend guild.
Who you are
- 3+ years of experience building user-facing production web applications.
- Experience building responsive applications with HTML and CSS while using modern browsers technologies.
- Well versed in good programming practices that lead to scalable, performant, and maintainable software.
- Experience working with UX / Product Designers
- A strong communicator who likes to collaborate and has a growth mindset.
- Curious, humble, reliable, and adaptable.
- Enjoy working as part of a positive, diverse, and inclusive team.
- Experience working with GraphQL a plus
- Experience writing UIs that meet modern accessibility standards (A11Y) a plus
- Experience working on backend APIs a plus
- Experience building out a design system is a plus
Technologies we work with:
- React, Redux, and Typescript
- Ruby on Rails, GraphQL
- Postgres, Memcached, Redis, Websockets, and ElasticSearch, Docker
- Python, Kafka, and RedShift
- AWS, DevOps ownership of systems and operability
- Read up more in How We Code at Teachable 2019
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that empowers course creators to build and sell courses on any topic-from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Instructors using our platform have collectively earned more than $555 million to date.
Since our founding, we've raised more than $12.5 million from top venture investors and were acquired in March of 2020. Teachable is now a part of the Hotmart group, an international startup, based in Brazil, with over 800 employees worldwide. Hotmart's mission is to help creators earn a living from their passion.
We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent. We won't hold you back from reaching your full potential at Teachable; you'll have the freedom to be an integral member of our tight-knit team, with great benefits and perks. Your work here will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Comprehensive health benefits with options covering up to 100% of monthly premiums
Discretionary paid vacation & time off with a company average of 24 days a year
Parental leave, 16 weeks fully paid after three months of service
401(k) with match after three months of service
Supplemental student loan repayment assistance or a professional education stipend
Tax-free commuter benefit
Dependent Care FSA
Your own standing desk or other personalized workspace
50% gym & wellness match
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process. Please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require an accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.