Full Stack Cloud Software Engineer at Lifion by ADP
Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP) is one of the largest providers of business processing and cloud-based solutions -- including payroll, talent management, human resource management, benefits administration and time and attendance -- to employers and automotive dealerships around the world. ADP builds configurable solutions that can fit your organization's unique goals and increase your productivity. For more information about ADP, visit the company's Web site at www.ADP.com.
The ADP DataCloud product development team is looking for a Sr. Application Developer that is highly skilled in multiple technical areas including web application development, back-end API-based services development, and integration technologies and platforms. The successful candidate will have a strong command of software architecture, programming, latest web technologies, and frameworks.
- Design and implement highly scalable, interactive web applications with high usability
- Design and implement backend application interfaces for data and services
- Design and develop integration solutions
- Collaborate with business analysts to define software requirements for programming effort
- Support production software operations, test and debug programs
- Report progress and status of assigned tasks to project teams and manager
- Provide technical leadership and motivation to junior developers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience software development experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing Web applications and backend services
- Experience in Java Enterprise Technologies including JEE, Servlets and JSPs
- Experience with Node.JS, REST and JSON
- Deep experience with AWS platform/services is required, e.g. lambda, EKS, SQS, Aurora Postgres
- Experience with integration technologies and platforms; MuleSoft experience a plus
- Strong understanding of the object-oriented design and patterns
- Programming skills in other languages i.e. Python, PHP, etc.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL data stores, preferably Oracle, Aurora Postgres, MongoDB, and other AWS cloud offerings
- Experience with systems across multiple platforms Windows, Linux and UNIX
- Experience with the open-source software
- Excellent understanding of web security practices
- Good understanding of agile development and continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership: not only at the management level but at the individual level -- having the confidence and resilience to take risks -- be self-empowered
- Communication: understand and express ideas/solutions in a comprehensive and practical format -- knowledge sharing
- User Focus: an absolute focus on the user (internal or external) experience -- every aspect of a solution should be productized for ease of use
- Improvisation: the ability to think across disciplines and existing boundaries (technologies/business/geographies) - lateral thinking
- Collaboration: teamwork with a positive approach to ambiguity
- Research: an inclination to continuous research inside and outside the current focus fields
- Influence by example: scientific proof of an idea (success or failure) as the presentation tool -- represent an idea in order to promote it
- Technical Knowledge: broad and deep technical knowledge with a strong focus on data/objects and API/contracts
- Abstract Thinking: view of ideas and solutions as abstractions/patterns that can be leveraged/adapted/reused -- deliver frameworks instead of point solutions
ADP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer; M/F/D/V. ADP believes that diversity leads to strength.
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired Companies' by FORTUNE® Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc® as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent. "Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.