Full Stack Engineer, Augmented Design at WeWork Technology
Full Stack Engineer, Augmented Design
New York City
The Research & Applied Science organization at WeWork is hiring research scientists and engineers in the area of architectural computation in its New York office. The Applied Science organization consists of the following teams: NLP & Machine Learning, Computer Vision, HCI & Robotics, Computational Economics, Computational Social & Design Science.
WeWork’s internal architecture and design teams are responsible for the layout and design of hundreds of new spaces a year. The Augmented Design team, as part of the multidisciplinary Research & Applied Science group, is actively researching and building the next generation of software tools for designers and architects, with automation and artificial intelligence at their core.
We are looking for an ambitious, experienced full-stack developer who will thrive in a highly collaborative cross-disciplinary team. You will work on a variety of projects, both on the server side and on the UI. Our ideal candidate has a strong sense for design and geometry, and will have 5+ years experience developing web or desktop applications. Experience in architecture or related disciplines is a strong plus.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop custom software (desktop and web) applications to support design teams.
- Steer technical decisions about infrastructure and architecture.
- Deliver high-quality code that impacts the bottom line of the business.
- Drive technical solutions to strategic initiatives.
- Model engineering excellence and collaborative processes.
- 5+ years of professional experience in full stack Software Engineering.
- Experience with Computer Graphics, 3D Applications, and/or Computational Geometry
- A strong sense for UI and UX design.
- Comfortable developing Node.js applications.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests.
- Ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Machine Learning is a plus.
- Familiarity with architectural software tools like Rhino, Revit, Grasshopper, or Dynamo is a plus.
Who you are:
- Creative, collaborative, and passionate about solving problems.
- Willing and eager to learn new processes and tools
- Excited to work closely with designers to learn how their processes work and how they think, and build tools to support them