Full Stack Engineer, Channels & Events at Simon Data
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.The Role
Are you fascinated by the scale and complexity challenges inherent in streaming real time data? Our Channels & Events team is looking for a motivated Full Stack Engineer to join us in building a market leading "Complex Event Processing" product.
The Events and Channels team sits at the nexus of our data layer and customer engagement, connecting petabytes of client data to billions of high engagement messages annually. Every day on the team you will collaborate with other dedicated, kind, and delivery-focused engineers. Successful engineers have a readiness to seek out sophisticated problems; improve or redesign our fault-tolerant, highly available systems; and pivot as our business continues to scale.What You’ll Do
- Design and implement a state of the art real-time event streaming backend system
- Collaborate alongside the front end engineers to build the full stack that provides a delightful user experience for the real-time product
- Build features on top of our Django application. Be an owner in our efforts to resiliently scale the Django app in production
- Participate in team-wide discussions ranging from architecture to developer efficiency to security
- Join in our mentorship program, whether that’s helping your coworkers expand their skill set or learning from them to expand your own
- 3+ years of in-depth software development experience crafting, deploying and owning several substantive projects with company-wide impact
- Proven track record working with various functional owners, spanning product management, program management, as well as Dev/Tech Ops
- Proficiency with at least one mainstream programming language (Python, Java, Scala, Ruby, C#, etc.). Comfort with a front-end framework like React
- Value safe, rapid iteration in a collaborative code base
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.