IEX Cloud is a fast-growing platform for financial data, servicing the vibrant developer community demanding high-quality and diverse data sources. The engineering group is
We are looking to add a Full Stack Engineer to our team who will help build the modern data delivery platform: APIs and hosted solutions paired with user-friendly web and mobile apps to enable customers to simplify and accelerate the process of consuming and delivering financial data. You will work in a highly distributed system building high performance data services and you will architect efficient, reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications.
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- A generalist working on the front-end, back-end, and anything it takes to solve problems and improve user experience
- Skills to uphold best practices in engineering, security, and user experience.
- Self-starter with a positive, roll up your sleeves attitude.
- Excellent communication skills
- Appetite for fast-paced work in a highly dynamic teamwork-oriented startup environment
- Aware of, but not reliant on, modern web application frameworks (React, Angular, etc.)
- Able to identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- Awareness of future trends in web development.
- Belief in IEX's mission
- Advanced working knowledge of APIs and restful web services
- 5+ years of HTML/CSS experience including concepts like cross browser compatibility and accessibility
- Experience with browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- Experience building embeddable, client-side components
- Strong understanding of data structures
- Experience and understanding of client-side security (OAuth 2.0, JWT, CSP, XSS, Sandboxing, TLS)
- Understanding of client-server optimizations (HTTP/2, CDN, ETags, SSE, WebSockets, gzip)
- Experience using and optimizing build tools (Webpack, Gulp, Jenkins, Minify, ESLint)
- Experience with SEO optimization a plus
- Rapid prototyping experience a plus
- Experience with test frameworks a plus (Browserstack, Jasmine, Puppeteer, Jest, etc)
- UX design, A/B Testing, and wireframing experience a plus
- Plus for experience with any of the following: Redis, SQL, ElasticSearch, Kafka, nginx