Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the way the world shops online. We build tools, technologies and APIs that allow e-commerce merchants to integrate installment loan financing and other alternative payment products anywhere in their customers’ shopping journey. Bread was started in 2014 by financial technology veterans, and has experienced explosive growth to date.
This individual will join Bread’s Core Engineering group. We are a relatively new group, and our main goal is to service all the verticals in our product engineering organization by providing a cross-platform, easy-to-use, abstract software solution(s) that emphasize on scalability and extensibility. Core Engineering is uniquely set up to work with all teams within Bread, and our end-clients are essentially our colleagues and peer engineers. Our group will work primarily on the backend using Go. Some product examples that we are developing include Workflows, Authentication, and BRE (Business Rules Engine). We are an easy going and dedicated group and our responsibilities are evolving. We are looking for talented and excited engineers to join us!
Your Role at Bread:
- Mentor and be a resource for every member of the team
- Write code
- Review and curate all aspects of our technical architecture and approach, from the code base to the database, to infrastructure, to our development process
- Be involved in all significant technical decisions
- Educate teams on the technical roadmap and help meet the strategic objectives.
- Assist in creating and reviewing Technical Design Documents (TDDs) for the development organization based on product requirements.
- Help design complex systems at the component level, make strategic technology choices, and directly supervise the quality of designs and implementation inside and between components.
- Influence development managers to insure appropriate levels of quality on owned system(s).
- Expertise in React and Redux
- Strong track record of building scalable, reliable distributed systems
- Experience with cloud deployments (we use AWS)
- Experience with public web APIs
- A passion for the craft of engineering
Engineers at Bread also get the opportunity to participate in Working Groups! Working Groups are quarterly teams of 4 to 6 engineers that set out to tackle a specific engineering initiative outside of their core engineering team. Working Groups have included projects like Logging Architecture, Internal Authentication, Community & Blogs, Testing Infrastructure, and Monitoring. Groups meet throughout each quarter to plan and then dedicate a full week to implement features requested by engineers. All engineers get a chance to be in one of these groups and, over time, potentially lead a group for that quarter. It's another opportunity as an engineer at Bread to have impact across the entire organization!