Full Stack Engineer, Email at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Braze Email team is responsible for building and maintaining the core infrastructure that delivers billions of personalized emails a month to our customers’ end users. This includes a feature-rich dashboard that allows customers to compose/customize emails, a set of REST APIs to manage customer data, and a highly parallelized platform to personalize & send emails at huge scale.
As a member of the team, you will work alongside a senior engineer to build out new features and improve stability/performance. You will get a chance to tackle significant engineering challenges, such as: architecting new iterations of critical components on backend systems, building and optimizing for massive scale, and rebuilding parts of our dashboard on the latest modern tech stack.
WHO YOU ARE
- 1-3 years of full-stack development experience
- Strong understanding of design, data structures, and algorithms
- A self starter with great communication and organizational skills
- Prior experience working in a team environment
- Professional experience building distributed systems at scale
- Professional experience with any of: Ruby, Rails, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, Sidekiq, React, TypeScript
- Experience with agile processes
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.