Full-Stack Engineer, Hosting Task Force at Vimeo
Video accounts for some 80% of today’s global Internet traffic. Vimeo’s Video hosting stack enables high quality experience to our creators and viewers. The mission of this team is to architect and deploy innovative solutions to save costs without negatively impacting Video QoE (Quality of Experience). These goals are achieved by understanding product features (old, new, and future) and identifying architectural inefficiencies and potential optimizations. The successful candidate will have worked on large scale distributed systems and has developed end to end solutions, including building alerting and data visualization tools.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to optimize hosting operations
- Drive technical and architectural planning
- Implement and deploy the solutions
- Help build trust between the teams and stakeholders, and automate early detection of potential changes that could impact the business
- Promote a data-driven strategy for making decisions
- Propose ideas and test new solutions to improve the quality and performance of the system
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Expertise in one or more programming languages (Go, Python, Node.js) and the ability to pick up new programming languages as needed
- Experience with one or more cloud platforms (GCP or AWS)
- Familiarity with one or more CDNs
- Familiarity with concurrent, parallel, and distributed computing
- Experience with Linux systems and shell scripting
- Basic competence with SQL
- Solid CS background: algorithms and data structures, application of complexity theory, ability to formulate trade offs based on the problem you’re trying to solve
- 4+ years building full-stack solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Experience in Big Data Technologies (BigQuery, Snowflake, Kafka, Spark, Druid, DataFlow, DataProc)
- Experience in Container Technologies (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience in delivering end to end video workflows
- Experience in Data Science and Machine Learning
Vimeo is the world’s leading professional video platform and community. With over 150 million members across more than 150 countries, we help anyone grow their business by making it easy to create and market high-quality, impactful videos.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world, and is an operating business of IAC. Learn more at www.vimeo.com.