Who are we?
Vestwell believes that all Americans should have easy access to a retirement account which is why we’ve created a digital platform that makes it simpler to offer and administer 401(k) plans. By combining the expertise of an advisor with the sophistication of a technology provider, we’ve modernized the retirement offering while removing traditional friction points. As a result, advisors get an easy button for expanding their business, employers get a cost-effective solution without the administrative burden, and employees get a user-friendly portal that helps them achieve their long term saving goals.
With backing from leading Fintech and Finserv investors, as well as a growing team of dedicated professionals of strong industry pedigree, Vestwell is at the forefront of change in the $7 trillion 401(k) market. Our team believes in the mission we’ve set out to achieve and we’re working hard to get there. We’re ambitious, honest, thoughtful, and fun. Oh, and we’re really good at ping pong.
Who are we looking for?
The team is expanding and we’re excited about bringing onboard an experienced Full Stack Engineer with 3-5 years of experience working on all facets of the application stack. That’s everything from Node & React back through the API layers and solving design challenges at the schema level.
You’re a great fit for our team if you balance thinking through edge cases meticulously and planning for future growth and change well. Most of all, you must be passionate about what you create and about the impact it can have. That matters to us, a lot.
What will you be doing at Vestwell?
Vestwell is an agile shop and, in this environment, you will work closely with our Chief Technology Officer to establish, track, and achieve goals for each sprint successfully. We’re big believers in deadlines here and expect senior team members to be a model example for everyone else. Your job includes consistently providing expertise, leadership, and support to the rest of the development team.
Day-to-day you will also be expected to:
- Collaborate closely with our Senior Technical Architect and the rest of the Vestwell team to build out the front-end services that our clients interact with every day.
- Work with both engineering and product teams to drive solution design.
- Create complex logical frameworks, workflows, RESTful API endpoints, and JSON formats to exchange key data with the rest of the platform.
- Write new services, including financial API integrations, maintain existing services, write tests, & yes, fix bugs.
- Help plan, automate and scale our infrastructure.
- Provide production support at times and train the junior engineers.
- Node.js, React, JQuery, PostgreSQL, building and consuming RESTful APIs, Jenkins, Git, Jira, and major node MVC framework
- Excellent communication skills are a must, able to work alone or in groups, collaborative, self starter, passionate
- CS Degree preferred, but not required
- Financial Services experience, understanding of key concepts, instruments and basic workflows
- Experience with AWS including SQS and SNS, CSS, data analytics, reporting, Docker, Restify
- Financial Services Certifications: Series 65, series 7, CFA, etc.
We’re an early stage startup with lots of exciting milestones ahead. We value health and wellness at Vestwell and, as such, offer competitive health coverage, an open vacation policy, coffee, cappuccino & healthy snacks, and a bright, comfortable office with lots of workspace options so you can be comfortable and as productive as possible, close to all transportation between Bryant Park and Herald Square in NYC. And naturally we have a great 401(k) plan!
No third parties please!