Full Stack Engineer, Meetup Groups
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
To continue to help these tight-knit communities grow -- and to help new ones form -- we are rapidly growing our teams to maximize our impact on lives. We're ready to reshape and rebuild Meetup for the mobile, global future, and to craft experiences that echo the amazing feeling of going to a great meetup in real life.
What you will do:
Full Stack engineers at Meetup do everything that's needed to get something live on our platform, from the interaction on the web to the APIs that power it. You could be turning wireframes and mockups into emails and web pages that look good on any device and at any resolution, or jumping in to add a missing API endpoint.
You're our ideal team member if you:
- Have experience with responsive web design
- Are eager to learn or have experience with backend languages such as node.js or scala
- Love writing quality testable code and leaving the code base better than how you found it
- Are ready to take on full ownership of the development lifecycle by designing, building, and operating applications
- Are comfortable communicating with non-technical folks as well as product managers, designers and other engineers to solve open-ended problems and roadmap solutions
Bonus points if you have experience working in React or creating HTML emails
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, effecting real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?