We’re the leading provider of digital identity management and transaction fraud detection. We support innovative FinTech companies and top tier banks to manage KYC, AML, and other components of client onboarding. Alloy’s API enables its clients to access over 50 third party data sources in real-time to improve decision-making and streamline client experiences. We're backed by venture capital firms that have taken countless companies to IPO like Bessemer Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Eniac Ventures, and others. We are well-positioned to bring on incredibly talented individuals who can help take us to the next level!What You Will Do
Alloy's product can be roughly divided into two sides—a Django/React web app and a Node.js API. We're looking for help maintaining and building out features that help with identity management when our clients are bringing on new clients, fraud detection and classification of transactions, integrating with new 3rd parties, and platform-level initiatives.
- Design new features:
- Talk to users, understand their requirements, and work with our designer, Rachelle, and PM, Ananya, to spec out beautiful new user experiences.
- Build them:
- You're fully empowered to start with the database design and own the entire development path finishing with the final UX and style touches. You'll write good code that brings your features to life. Once they're tested, peer-reviewed (perhaps by Rick or Leigh), and QA'ed, they'll be deployed to our production environment.
- Bug fixes:
- What went wrong and how can we make sure it never happens again? We live for the blameless root-cause analysis after getting things back up and running for our clients as soon as possible.
- Support the team:
- Keep the client success crew in the loop for a feature timeline. Run a SQL query for operations to determine this month's billing amounts. Teach engineers about a new technology you've been learning about. Mentor your coworkers and help out where you can!
- You decide! It's a small team—the definition of the role is somewhat flexible and will grow to reflect your own strengths and interests.
- 3+ years real-world experience working as a software developer on production code
- While we like to think of ourselves as "platform-agnostic" in our hiring process, we expect that someone in this role will be familiar with or willing to learn our existing stack:
- Python 3, Django - Serves as the back end for our dashboards
- PostgreSQL - Our main data store
- Unix command line
- Teamwork experience
- We're open to people whose experience is mainly on personal projects and/or contracting, but we'd really like someone who has experience working collaboratively with a team
- Related degrees are great, but we care more about your coding and communication skills than a diploma
We're a lean team, so your impact will be felt immediately. If this all sounds like a good fit for you, why not join us?Benefits and Perks!
- Unlimited PTO and we are remote until 2021*
- Company Paid Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- 401k with 100% match up to 4%
- $500 to just set up your WFH space - a one time thing
- Annual Professional Development Budget
- Annual Citi Bike Membership
- Monthly Commuter Budget
- Monthly stipend for groceries from Public Goods
- Weekly lunch allowance on Seamless
- Contribution to Lifetime, NYSC, or ClassPass
- Four Free Therapy Sessions
Apply right here! You've found the application!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.