Full Stack Engineer
IrisVR is a New York-based virtual reality software company looking for a talented and experienced Fullstack Engineer to join our team full-time at our HQ near Union Square.
We build immersive collaboration tools for 3D design and construction pros. We're bridging the barriers to seamless communication so prevalent in built environment industries by establishing a common language for 3D ideas and facilitating shared experience.
In practice, our VR and AR software enables users review designs before they are built. Our interfaces and infrastructure support a world-class VR experience, with user comfort and ease of use topping our list of product priorities.
Our broad tech stack and the growing number of components that make up our flagship software offering—from real-time rendering and mesh pre-processing pipelines to global multiuser networking—make our company and our engineering team unique. Everyone has a distinctly different skillset, background, and stack, and we are united by the powerful impact we are making in the AEC industry. We are repurposing gaming tech and frontier AR and VR hardware to help 3D pros build the world.
Build and maintain user-facing components of our web application that serve as our customers’ entry point into the IrisVR ecosystem. With direction and in collaboration with AEC industry, design, UX, and product development resources, develop and deploy solutions for enterprise organization management, meeting coordination, project management, and 3D content management and delivery. Ensure the website looks amazing, loads quickly, and our enterprise customers can use the tools they need with high availability and uptime.
You'll need to have
- 2+ years experience in a full-time frontend or fullstack role
- Deep knowledge of building scalable web systems with microservice architecture
- Experience managing high-traffic web application infrastructure for enterprise
- An engineering background, and comfort with system administration on small and large scales
- Familiarity with modern orchestration and containerization solutions (Docker, Kubernetes)
- The ability to set up CI / CD systems from scratch
What you'll be doing
- Iterating on current infrastructure to completely automate the deployment step of our current development cycle
- Ensuring that services are distributed geographically as necessary to support our global user base
- Ensuring all systems are set up for high availability and minimize downtime
- Building and implementing in-house tools, and tools for monitoring application and network performance
- Designing system architecture and making recommendations to improve system performance and resiliency
- Docker, Docker Hub, Docker Swarm
- AWS, Google Cloud Platform
- Go, Bash, Python, Node.js
- MongoDB, RabbitMQ
What we'll offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Open vacation policy
- A great office environment in the heart of Union Square
- The opportunity to work alongside the leaders in Immersive Technologies
- Access to the latest virtual reality and augmented reality hardware