Come to our newest innovation center at 10 Hudson Yards to Help Lead Software Innovation through Game-Changing Products
You can turn great ideas into code and turn that code into groundbreaking and beautiful new applications. You also crave an opportunity to work with the best and brightest engineers, designers, and entrepreneurs to create new digital experiences in an environment that’s both collaborative, and free from micromanagement.
BCG Digital Ventures invents, builds, scales and invests in startups with the world's most influential companies. We are looking for Full Stack Engineers in New York to define and implement the technical strategy for our ventures.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Full-Stack Engineer, you’ll design and build front and backend application and services encompassing the entire technology stack.
You’ll play a key role in the development and deployment of applications using a range of technologies as well as developing server-side and serverless architecture, providing expertise in key aspects of engineering such as data, application and platform security, scalability, performance and extensibility. You will have the opportunity to work with and learn from senior and expert level engineers, data scientists, product managers, designers and growth marketers in order to design, build and deliver the venture from start to completion.
Working directly with the venture CTO and other lead engineers, you’ll be a core contributor and provide thought-leadership for the team within design and architecture sessions before helping to develop those ideas into functional components and end-to-end applications.
Lastly, we hope that you’ll enjoy working with fellow engineering colleges to contribute to common engineering objectives and services as well as the wider strategic roadmap.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
For the Full-Stack Engineer role, we are looking for strong hands-on engineers with a minimum of 3 years application development experience. The ideal candidate is a curious and talented engineer with experience working with both technical and non-technical colleagues in a cross-functional environment. Other key areas of experience include having a good understanding of application architecture and experience working within a technical delivery team with specific focus on Lean and Agile principles.
- Experience with one or more scripting and object-oriented languages such as Java, Ruby on Rails, Go and Python
- Some understanding and experience working with relational and noSQL databasesExposure to common programming frameworks such as Spring and Play
- An understanding of web services including defining and developing RESTful apis, working with different message formats i.e. JSON, XML
- Some experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google, Azure as well as the managed services on those platforms, i.e. Aurora, Beanstalk, Lambda, BigQuery etc.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- An opportunity to play a key role in the design, development and commercialization of software and hardware products aimed at disrupting B2B and B2C markets across a wide range of business domains.
- The opportunity to work within an extremely accomplished team with direct exposure to some of the world's most influential organizations.
- A structured career development program with both technical expert and leadership tracks.
- A competitive salary and benefits complimented with a flexible learning & development budget (including attending conferences) enabling you to choose the right path for your own development.
- A level of autonomy and self-management that you won’t typically find at other companies.
To learn more, visit us at careers.bcgdv.com Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at BCGDV.com. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change. BCG DIGITAL VENTURES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.