Full Stack Engineer
Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We're a data-first marketing platform startup, and we approach our work seriously; we tackle problems in a scrappy and disruptive fashion, yet we build for scale to support our clients at big data volume.
We are the first and only enterprise customer data platform with a fully-integrated marketing cloud. Moving beyond the limitations of both categories, Simon’s platform empowers businesses to leverage enterprise-scale big data and machine learning to power customer communications in any channel. Simon’s unique approach allows brands to develop incredible personalization capabilities without needing to build and maintain massive bespoke data infrastructure.
Our culture is rooted in organizational transparency, empowering individuals, and an attitude of getting things done. If you want to be a valuable contributor on a team that cultivates these core values we would love to hear from you.
As a Sr Full Stack Engineer at Simon, you’ll be collaborating with passionate engineers every single day. Our full stack engineers are responsible for our entire web application, our massive integrations platform, and our real-time API service. Our clients rely on Simon to engage with hundreds of millions of customers -- sending over billions of messages annually. Successful engineers have a readiness to tackle complex problems; build fault tolerant, highly available systems; and pivot as our business continues to 10x in scale.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You’ll be involved in pushing our Django application to its limits and design new architecture to scale it to 10x the traffic
- You’ll develop code modules that elegantly scale to power projects like joining massive distributed identity events or reliably delivering millions of deeply personalized messages in minutes
- You’ll have the chance to help drive the evolution our front-end stack onto the latest tech (TypeScript, GraphQL)
- You’ll own real-time marketing integration from end-user action to third-party engagement like Push Notification, Email, In-app Messaging with any provider
- You’ll collaborate with our world-class data science team to perfect a seamless predictive experimentation framework
- You’ll participate in team-wide discussions ranging from architecture to developer productivity to security to the best IDE
- You’ll get to promote our technical brand through contributing to Open Source Software and promoting and sharing it at conferences locally and nationwide
- You’ll be involved in our mentorship program, whether that’s helping your coworkers expand their skill set or learning from them to expand your own
- Minimum of 5 years of in depth software development experience designing, deploying, and owning several substantive projects with company-wide impact
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with various functional owners in your company (spanning product management, program management, as well as Dev/Tech Ops)
- Fluency with at least one mainstream programming language (Python, Java, Scala, C#, Ruby, etc.)
- Value rapid iteration over extended debate
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.