Full Stack Engineer
Enabling product creation at scale is the core of Shapeways’ innovative technology platform. By leveraging a global network of cutting-edge digital manufacturing and material partners, Shapeways continues to be a proven leader in advanced additive manufacturing [3D Printing] solutions. Founded in 2007, Shapeways is headquartered in New York City, with manufacturing facilities in Long Island City and the Netherlands, maintaining a prominent global presence around the world. Shapeways has enabled product creation for over 1+ million businesses. And we’re just getting started.
Why is a Full Stack Engineer important to us?
We need Software Engineers to help us migrate our PHP web application to a collection of services that will scale as our B2B and B2C customers grow year over year. Our application has served us well in inventing the 3D printing market as we know it today and as we continue to define the future of additive manufacturing.
As our growth continues, we need individuals experienced at scaling applications to handle global traffic in the fast-growing additive manufacturing field and help deliver real-world physical products that literally can’t be created using traditional manufacturing processes.
As a Full Stack Engineer you will:
- Collaborate with product managers on features and improvements
- Guarantee application performance, uptime, and scale
- Maintain high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design
- Partner with your peers to build out new features and debug existing issues using Pair Programming techniques
- Maintain a robust suite of automated functional and unit tests
- Manage your time to deliver high-quality software to our business partners and our community
- Work with Agile development methodologies
- Inspire passion and drive to change the way that things are made
You might be a good fit if you (have, are, possess):
- Have at least 2+ years of programming experience (we use PHP and VueJS)
- Prior knowledge of Agile software development methodologies and processes
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks like Symfony, Laravel, Zend, etc.
- Knowledge using/configuring Webpack/Gulp (or even WebpackEncore)
- Good communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Linux/UNIX systems
- Consider yourself passionate about or have an interest in 3D printing
Why join our team?
At Shapeways, we all contribute to a respectful work environment where we share ideas and encourage each other to think creatively. We are a collaborative, diverse and dynamic group of individuals ready to embark on our next chapter of growth.
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Healthcare that fits your needs - We offer excellent medical, dental, and vision plan options that provide coverage to employees and dependents. Our suite of options ranges from 100% employee-only medical premium coverage to extremely reduced premiums for dependent coverage to an enhanced buy up plan for those with more extensive needs. We also have competitive pricing plans for dental and vision!
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor Employer Contribution - Join the team and we will immediately invest in your future.
- Parental Leave - Robust paid time off for new parents; both primary and secondary leave.
- Generous Paid Time Off - 20 PTO days plus additional days off when you’re not feeling well, to observe holidays, or just to destress. Also, this year we piloted Summer Fridays in HQ!
- Wellness - We care about your wellbeing. From Commuter Benefits to FSA’s to a platform to promote financial wellbeing to gym reimbursement to standing desks to a partnership with One Medical...we’ve got you covered!
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge and lots of snacks. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City facility and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Credit towards 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy products on our marketplace.