Full Stack Growth Engineer at Betterment
Full Stack Growth Engineers sit side-by-side with user experience, data, marketing, and analytics to craft our up-funnel and early customer lifecycle experiences. Part of being on this team is a love for experimenting with and building experiences that make prospective users excited to pursue happiness with Betterment. Furthermore, we are motivated to share Betterment with as many people as possible - friends and family count! We strive for fluid user experiences that immediately educate and delight. You’ll need to leverage the entire software stack as well as marketing and testing technologies to help us realize these goals. You’ll be a part of a team that’s directly impacting the future success of our business.
Growth Engineering spends much of its time with a variety of tools, but we strive to always choose the best tool for the job. You’ll be working alongside teams that live-and-breathe a variety of languages and frameworks and objectives. We strive to be nimble and adapt to new learnings in real time.A Day in the Life:
- Collaborate, with purpose. You’ll work in small groups with other talented thinkers and figure out how to make Betterment’s revolutionary software even better for prospective customers.
- Work with people who care. Almost half of our team is made up of engineers, but we believe everyone at Betterment is an engineer with their own tools. We’re a group of talented professionals who pride ourselves on what we do. We’re smart, innovative, energetic, and lots of fun.
- Empower our brand and advice teams to engage prospective users and provide informative content in a self service manner.
- Invest in tools that allow our CRM team to talk to our customers in the best possible way.
- Work with marketing and analytics to decide how to best reach potential customers with the most impact.
- Create experiences on our brochure site that explain how Betterment works in accessible and interactive fashion.
- Build features that allow new customers to set their accounts up efficiently and learn strong investing behaviors without any guesswork.
- Experience or interest in learning marketing and growth technology; understanding of our existing platform landscape and how to optimize it.
- Experience in at least one server-side language - Ruby, Java, C#, C++, Python. We build our apps in Ruby on Rails and PHP
- Experience implementing third-party tools and integrating them in first-party applications.
- A desire to be a good internet citizen. Prioritization of accessibility and performance when building web experiences.
- Ability to make the tradeoffs required to ship without compromising quality
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
Joining Betterment means joining a community of mission driven folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health and well-being, and being on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
- You’ll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing.
- You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up and cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
- You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge and transparent workspace through mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells and BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]About Betterment
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.