Vimeo is searching for an experienced Python and SQL software engineer for its Business Intelligence Engineering team. This is an opportunity to design and maintain a robust, scalable and sustainable enterprise experimentation platform of Vimeo. The ideal candidate will be working on a internal data tools, especially on the A/B testing and experiments framework to help drive experimentation for product releases
Our platform has robust analytics tools that can tell video creators where people are from, where they click, and calculate how much bandwidth they have consumed—giving our customers insight into creating engaging content in the future.
While working as a peer to both technical and non-technical staff throughout the company, you will drive the improvement process of both our products and our business operations. You will help define data access and discoverability requirements and work to create infrastructure and services that provide access to event streams.
What you'll do:
- Develop, enhance and maintain the experimentation tool
- Innovate and make recommendations on improving the experiments tools
- Collaborate with other engineers in developing internal data tools
- Ensure adherence to coding best practices and development of reusable code
- Work closely with other product managers, BI analysts, and business stakeholders to understand and plan technical requirements for experiments and A/B testing
- Collaborative work: iterative development, design and code review sessions
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proficiency in Python software development.
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework (such as Django, Flask, Bottle, etc. depending on your technology stack).5+ years designing/developing web applications and APIs.
- Experience in designing and implementing UI and UX
- Stronghold on Data Structure & Algorithms.
- Skilled in both hands-on development and architectural design.
- Good understanding of SQL
- Experience designing and implementing Rest API and PostgreSQL
- Working knowledge of design patterns and coding best practices
- Experience with and understanding of data modeling concepts, techniques and best practices
- Experience with Airflow, Celery, or other Python-based task processing systems
- Proficiency with modern source control systems, especially Git
- Experience working with non-technical business stakeholders on technical projects
Bonus Points (Nice Skills to Have, but Not Needed):
- Relational database design
- Knowledge of experimentation and A/B testing concepts and tools
Vimeo is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs