Full-Stack Software Engineer: E-Commerce (Shop) at Peloton
E-commerce software engineers build engaging online shopping experiences to enable Peloton’s customers to find the right product to improve their physical and mental health. We work collaboratively with several departments throughout Peloton, including sales, marketing, support, accounting, logistics, operations, and studio to deliver outstanding customer experiences.
We are looking for full-stack software engineers who are passionate about building features that delight users, are great teammates, and are self-motivated to continue learning and improving our software architecture.IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
Cultivate a deep understanding of our e-commerce software while working on an agile team of Product Managers, Designers, and other Engineers to deliver elegant, intuitive, accessible, bug-free, responsive, and user-friendly interfaces for the www.onepeloton.com e-commerce platform.Responsibilities:
- Full-stack web application development with a variety of languages and technologies across our technical stack (see “Qualifications” for more details).
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability, scalability and internationalization.
- Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair/mob programming and leading white boarding solutions, team discussions, and task breakdown.
- Promote iterative development to deliver bug-free code, using best practices such as feature toggles, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, logging, and monitoring in order to ensure confidence in our release process
- Ability to say NO, respectfully challenge ideas, and call out potential trade-offs.
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and design docs to help promote a culture of learning and constant improvement.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Become a domain expert in e-commerce by working closely with our PMs, designers, product analysts, and our business partners in other departments.
- Ability to collaborate with both remote and in-person teams.
- 3+ years of software development experience recommended.
- Familiar with observability and monitoring.
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, and always willing to learn new things.
- Ability to contribute positively in a high-growth, constantly evolving environment.
- Good understanding of object-oriented and/or functional programming design principles.
- Acute attention to detail and dedication to quality.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Are familiar with at least one backend framework like Spring (preferred), Django, Rails, or similar.
- Have experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
- Have experience working within e-commerce and third-party payment gateways.
- Have worked on a system concerned with e-commerce problems like Product Catalogs, Carts, Orders, or Payments.
- Are able to take a project from gathering requirements through actual execution and delivery.
- Enjoy talking to product, design, and business partners to better understand the problem space.
- Have excellent time-management skills.
- Take initiative to tackle problems.
- Have curiosity and a desire to continuously expand your skill set.
- Understand agile, lean, and DevOps principles.
- Attend meetups, conferences, and participate in the software engineering community.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.