Full Stack Software Engineer - NYC
- Within your first month, you will dive deep into the technology of HyperScience and gain a product understanding of what we’re building and why it's important for our customers. You will build various features that give fine-grained control of the system to our customer while providing analysis of system performance. You'll become deeply familiar with the components of our frontend and backend systems, and "plumbing" of our data flows.
- After 60 days, you will have successfully managed a large-scale, end-to-end feature that interfaces with multiple teams and technologies. You will do this in an environment that prides itself on communication and process, with the acknowledgement that requirements are sometimes vague and subject to change. Along the way, you’ll proactively point out and fix bugs, infrastructure issues, and tech debt. Customers will delight in using your feature, since it unlocks a critical need and majorly enhances the user's experience.
- After an entire quarter and beyond, you will have had an active voice in directing the technological and product future of our company. This includes suggesting best practices and new technologies for our bleeding-edge stack, working closely with product and design teams on creating new features, and developing them for whole-team use. You will own many pieces of the code base and be proud of it!
- Experience with a web framework / ORM. We use Python / Django.
- Passion for quality and attention to detail.
- Desire to work closely with Product & Design teams in building highly interactive and intuitive features.
- Proven track record of building complex systems OR strong GitHub/OSS presence.
- Comfort with the "building blocks" of the web: http/s, APIs, REST, JSON.
- Understanding of databases, SQL, and tradeoffs between relational and nonrelational models.
- Ability to discuss and defend an engineering approach, but also to fully commit and participate in an alternate approach as part of the team.
Benefits & Perks
- Top notch healthcare for you and your family
- 30 days of paid leave annually to help nurture work-life symbiosis
- A 100% 401(k) match for up to 6% of your annual salary
- Stock Options
- Paid gym membership
- Pre-tax transportation and commuter benefits
- 6 month parental leave (or double salary to pay for your partner's unpaid leave)
- Free travel for any person accompanying a breastfeeding mother and her baby on a business trip
- A child care and education stipend up to $3,000 per month, per child, under the age of 21 for a maximum of $6,000 per month total
- Daily catered lunch, snacks, and drinks
- Budget to attend conferences, train, and further your education
- Relocation assistance