Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
Our Full-stack software Engineers work in cross-functional teams to build world-class products that transform the lynchpin of our global economy—the supply chain.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Build the core freight-management software platform that allows us to serve a variety of players in the freight transportation sector—manufacturers, national retail chains, trucking companies, dispatchers, and more.
- Expand our existing products and APIs to serve new customer types and modes of transportation across the freight industry.
- Contribute to our front-end web application, back-end services and APIs, or both.
- Integrate our software with a variety of freight management APIs, automated shipping brokerages, and external data providers.
- Expand your experience working with industry best-practices that include Continuous Deployment, automated testing (unit- and end-to-end), production monitoring, and alerting systems.
- Participate in blameless post-mortems and retrospectives that enable us to learn from both failures and successes in order to improve team process and software design.
- Our tech stack is comprised of Ruby on Rails, Python, React/Redux, Typescript, PostgreSQL, Redis, and Snowflake. We are hosted on AWS and leverage a variety of their services. Code is tested using CircleCI and a variety of unit- and end-to-end testing frameworks including RSpec, unittest, Jest, and Cypress. We monitor our production software with tools like Datadog and Sentry.
- You have at least 2+ years of professional experience in web software engineering.
- You have hands-on experience with at least one of these languages: Ruby, Python, Go, C, or C++.
- You take pride in delivering high-quality products and build confidence in the software you deploy using a combination of automated testing, manual testing, and monitoring tools.
- You have a bias for shipping, learning, and iterating.
- You enjoy both learning from colleagues and mentoring others.
- You can constructively disagree with others while maintaining trust and respect.
This role is part of Transfix's fully-remote Engineering team. Our headquarters is based in New York City, and we are prioritizing candidates who are based in Eastern, Central, and Atlantic time zones.
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description