Full Stack Software Engineer (Research & Development & A.I.)
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com
Come join the new and exciting Research & Development team at WW! As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the architecture design, implementation and support of ongoing and experimental products and tech innovations. Work across the board with back-end microservices, mobile applications, and machine learning frameworks. Our team moves quickly and aims to build proof-of-concepts – from ideation to software development to system deployment.
The position requires a strong background in software architecture, requirement analysis, and experiences working with back-end and front-end tech stacks. Experience maintaining open source projects, mobile application development (iOS / Android), and familiarity with machine learning frameworks are a strong plus.
You must be a self-starter who is passionate about the technology you are building and eager to produce world-class services. You should enjoy a team environment where your success depends heavily on the success of your team and organization.
- 4+ years experience with Node JS backend application development with focus on microservice architecture, writing unit tests, familiarity with open source node modules
- 4+ years experience with database technologies (MongoDB, Postgres)
- 2+ years experience writing mobile applications (iOS, Android)
- Proficiency with GitHub and JIRA workflows
- General knowledge of storage concepts and protocols in relation to virtualized/cloud environments
- Experience with monitoring and performance analytics tools (Datadog, NewRelic, Loggly, Stackdriver, Prometheus, etc…)
- Ability to problem solve quickly and articulate clear viable tactical & strategic options as part of a cross-functional global team
- Advanced systems troubleshooting and optimization, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to adapt and change priorities as the business needs change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with collaborative team skills
Experience supporting modern datastore and database platforms and services (Postgres, RDS, MongoDB, etc…)
- Familiarity with Alexa SDK and Google Actions SDK and Conversational AI flows
- Experience with machine-learning models
As a company, our purpose is to inspire healthy habits for real life. And as an employer, we inspire the greatest people to do their best work. We provide benefits for real life to help protect your health, finances and overall well being, including:
- Competitive compensation and profit sharing plan
- A 401K plan to help you plan for your future, plus company match
- Health care coverage starting on your first day
- Tuition reimbursement and online courses to help you reach your career aspirations
- Commuter benefits
- Yearly well-being allowance for your physical, financial, social and emotional well-being
- Free WW membership for you plus 3 free WW memberships for your friends and 3 for your family
- Free fruit, snacks and coffee to get you through your day
- Summer Fridays, happy hours, and company outings
- Robust employee referral bonuses
- Developmental opportunities and assignments to grow your career
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.