Full Stack Software Engineer (Research & Development & A.I.)
WW is looking for candidates to help change people's lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all. To learn more about WW and jobs with a purpose, visit ww.com
Come join the new and exciting Research & Development team at WW! As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the architecture design, implementation and support of ongoing and experimental products and tech innovations. Work across the board with back-end microservices, mobile applications, and machine learning frameworks. Our team moves quickly and aims to build proof-of-concepts – from ideation to software development to system deployment.
The position requires a strong background in software architecture, requirement analysis, and experiences working with back-end and front-end tech stacks. Experience maintaining open source projects, mobile application development (iOS / Android), and familiarity with machine learning frameworks are a strong plus.
You must be a self-starter who is passionate about the technology you are building and eager to produce world-class services. You should enjoy a team environment where your success depends heavily on the success of your team and organization.
- 4+ years experience with Node JS backend application development with focus on microservice architecture, writing unit tests, familiarity with open source node modules
- 4+ years experience with database technologies (MongoDB, Postgres)
- 2+ years experience writing mobile applications (iOS, Android)
- Proficiency with GitHub and JIRA workflows
- General knowledge of storage concepts and protocols in relation to virtualized/cloud environments
- Experience with monitoring and performance analytics tools (Datadog, NewRelic, Loggly, Stackdriver, Prometheus, etc…)
- Ability to problem solve quickly and articulate clear viable tactical & strategic options as part of a cross-functional global team
- Advanced systems troubleshooting and optimization, and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to adapt and change priorities as the business needs change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with collaborative team skills
Experience supporting modern datastore and database platforms and services (Postgres, RDS, MongoDB, etc…)
- Familiarity with Alexa SDK and Google Actions SDK and Conversational AI flows
- Experience with machine-learning models
We hire only the best people. Here are the benefits to being top-notch:
- The opportunity to work in a rewarding and highly collaborative environment
- Generous healthcare coverage.
- 401(K) with company match.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual wellness allowance
- Profit Sharing
WW is an equal opportunity employer. WW does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory results of reference and background checks.