Full-Stack Software Engineer (Tech Lead)
Join a fast-growing start-up helping the modern parent. We're building a way for parents to outsource household tasks to people in their community that they trust. First on the list? Transportation for pre-teens and teens.
Right now we're live in the suburbs of NYC, Phoenix, Houston, and Dallas, with a growing number of parents and drivers relying on us for rides on a daily basis. We're looking to bring on an empathetic, proactive team member as a Tech Lead. Sound like you? If so, read on.
You will be leading technical development of the VanGo product and will manage a small, fast-moving team of developers. As a member of an early stage start-up, you'd be wearing many hats, but these are the responsibilities that would be under your purview.
What you’d be working on:
- Lead an outsourced team of developers to ensure features are shipped in a high-quality, timely way.
- Distill fast-moving product requirements into tangible engineering tasks and designs.
- Make improvements to existing backend services to make them more reliable, secure, testable and maintainable.
- Perform code reviews and set a high standard of excellence in the code stack.
- Prioritize architectural initiatives and tech debt.
- Assist in recruiting top talent as we start to bring roles in-house.
What we’re really looking for:
- 3+ years of hands-on engineering experience
- Clear communication of design and process ideas to both technical and non-technical peers
- Command of relational databases, web / mobile app architectures, and design patterns
- An ability to manage a small team of developers and ship high fidelity software products quickly
- Smart technical generalist with a strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Experience working at a Series A - D startup
- Experience working with remote or outsourced teams