Full-Stack Software Engineer at CLEAR
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences for consumers. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics - your fingerprints, eyes, and face - we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet or phone. Now in 60+ airports and other venues nationwide, you are your ID, credit card, ticket, reservation and more with CLEAR.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, moving quickly with data-informed decisions, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named EY's 2019 Entrepreneur of the Year, CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List, and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, we are working tirelessly to create frictionless customer experiences for our 3+ million members across the country.
We are looking for a Full-Stack Software Engineer to join our mobile team! Core focus will primarily be backend Java development but will also include exposure to building network client interfaces for our native apps in Swift and Kotlin.
On the Mobile team at CLEAR, we get to be curators, always charting new territory for the company, choosing the latest and greatest industry standard tools, experimenting with them and seeing how they best integrate into CLEARs vision to be at the forefront of biometrics and security. There are dozens of new areas we’re exploring and implementing everyday so it’s always something innovative and super fun!
If you are a software engineer with a creative flare, problem-solving skills, has contributed to published mobile applications, and has the desire to help drive CLEAR’s next generation products, we want to connect with you!
What You Will Do:
- You will be a software contributor to our flagship mobile application
- You will work as a contributor to our Java-based backend edge service
- You will create RESTful API's
- You will collaborate with our platform and biometrics teams to build and maintain new features for our mobile apps.
- Adhere to best practices for testing and designing reusable code
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of core Java experience
- Excited about working with technologies like: Java, Swift, Kotlin, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, DropWizard, Microservices, PostgreSQL
- Experience with Agile methodologies is preferred
- Prefer working knowledge of a wide range of technologies, including: Software development methodologies; Knowledge in Amazon's AWS ecosystem is desirable
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive with flawless execution
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills