Full Stack Software Engineer at Redesign Health
Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Jasper Health is a startup company with the mission to improve the lives of all patients with serious conditions through the most meaningful support. Our first products focus on patients, caregivers and their supporters going through cancer treatment and recovery through personalized organizational tools and access to curated products and services.
Jasper is part of Redesign Health, a venture studio based in New York city, that has led Jasper’s seed round which was closed in March 2020.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer, you will be part of an elite group of engineers in a product-first company helping build leading edge consumer applications. You will work with a mission-driven, highly talented and dedicated team trying to solve the pain for patients that are dealing with Cancer.
You will report to and work with the team’s Engineering Lead, and partner with our distributed engineering team to build our core product that first launched in beta in October 2020.What you'll do:
- Support development on one of our primary product areas: the Jasper smart planner
- Actively contribute to key feature development, with a mixture of front-end and backend work
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team to learn and improve velocity
- Actively participate in code reviews, and learning of the code base
- Work with product and design to understand and improve product features
- 1+ years total engineering experience with a CS degree or similar education
- 3+ years total engineering experience without education requirement
- 1+ years experience with Python/Django
- 1+ years experience with React.js
- Experience with Next.js, Material-UI and Postgres is a plus
- Experience with a headless eCommerce platform (e.g. BigCommerce), or a headless CMS platform (e.g. Prismic.io) is a plus.
- Nimble Learning: Learns quickly when facing new situations. Experiments to find new solutions. Takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks. Extracts lessons learned from failures and mistakes. Learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
- Action Oriented: Readily takes action on challenges, without unnecessary planning. Identifies and seizes new opportunities. Displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times. Steps up to handle tough issues. Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Being Resilient: Is confident under pressure. Handles and manages crisis effectively. Maintains a positive attitude despite adversity. Bounces back from setbacks. Grows from hardships and negative experiences. Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Decision Quality: Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information. Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions. Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles.
Redesign’s mission is to transform the healthcare system and empower people to live their healthiest lives by elevating patient experiences, increasing information transparency, and democratizing access to high quality healthcare.
Our vision is to connect extraordinary people and ideas with capital and resources to create better healthcare solutions.
At Redesign, we value achieving results thoughtfully, quickly, and compassionately. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Solve for impact: Healthcare is complex and opaque, but we’re positioned to meet the challenge. If not us, then who?
- Patients first: We are all consumers of healthcare. We create real solutions for real needs.
- Outcome over egos: Our work is bigger than us. What we’re building together is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Bias for action: We move fast, but we’re deliberate. We don’t delay success or failure.
- Continuous learning: We seek feedback early and often. Iteration and insight allow us to connect the dots and are key to our process.
- Practice good intent: We take our work seriously, but we’re never too busy to be kind.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Comprehensive health & wellness benefits and perks
- Lunch & Learn sessions hosted by internal and external industry experts featuring topics ranging from “Qualities of a Strong Consumer Brand” to “Combating Unconscious Bias”
- Variety of functional, social, and community focused groups and meetups across the Redesign ecosystem and portfolio
- Annual learning stipend
- 16-week parental leave
- Fully stocked kitchen with plenty of coffee and tea, cold brew and iced tea on tap, a Bevi machine, and a variety of snacks
- Dog friendly office