Full-Stack Web Developer - Internal
Salary: $100,000 - $140,000
Come help us create the future of Stack Overflow. We're looking for creative developers who are excited about building tools to support the growth of our company from within, with a special focus on tools for our growing sales team. Some projects we've been working on:
- Live-updating status dashboards displayed in every office and used by the sales team to monitor sales and view progress towards sales goals
- Backend and Frontend systems that control sales, fulfillment, billing, and accounting
- Integrations with different third-party APIs used to support a wide array of internal business needs
- Building and maintaining public facing properties used by developers, the sales team and our B2B user base like the annual Stack Overflow Survey and stackoverflowbusiness.com
As a developer on our Internal Dev team, you'll work primarily in our main stack of C#, ASP.NET, and MSSQL Server, with supporting technologies like Angular, TypeScript, React and Redis. You’ll also have the opportunity to interact with a lot of third-party tools and APIs like Salesforce, Looker and Hubspot. We don't expect you to know everything coming in, so we'll pair you with mentors who will help you learn and develop.
Skills & Requirements
We expect to see:
- Solid programming skills in your language of choice (not necessarily ours) and a track record of getting stuff done
- 3+ years full-stack web dev experience with any major server-side stack (e.g. ASP.NET, Node.js), relational database (MSSQL, MySQL), and modern front-end framework (Angular, React, etc). Experience in our stack is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Self-motivating, self-directing and a great communicator
We like to see (but not required):
- Experience taking initiative on all stages of the project life cycle (from initial specification through release), especially experience on internal-facing company projects
- Experience working remote and/or working with teams that are distributed geographically
- An active Stack Overflow profile, open source code, example projects that you're proud of, or any other evidence of your passion for building great software
- Knowledge of how Stack Overflow works from our blog and podcasts
What we value:
- Servant Leadership: We lead by empowering and inspiring people to do their best work, not by micromanaging. We hire smart people, set them up for success, then get out of their way.
- Collaboration: The best products are created when people from different backgrounds and disciplines work closely together in an environment of respect and trust.
- Transparency: Trust is built on openness and transparency. If there is not a good reason to keep it a secret, we share it. For example, we share our complete engineering salary formula.
- Inclusion: We do our best work when we can be our whole selves at work. We’re committed to policies and benefits that support people, and leaders who foster an open and inclusive culture.
What you’ll get in return:
- Flexible hours
- 20 days paid vacation + holidays
- Completely free health insurance - no copay, no premiums (US residents)
- Generous parental leave (10-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, and unlimited sick days
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely…. We’ll help you set up a great home office, with an ergonomic chair, standing desk, and any other equipment you need to do your job.
If you want to work in our office… You’ll get your own private office in our headquarters in New York City, and enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, and all the espresso you can drink.
About Stack Overflow
Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. More than 50 million professional and aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, and find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, and enable the world's developers. Our products and services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, and enterprise knowledge sharing.
We believe in hiring smart people and getting out of their way. We have an office in New York with some of the best amenities of any New York startup, and we have people who work remotely all over the world. We keep meetings and ceremony to an absolute minimum.
Diverse teams build better products.
Stack Exchange, Inc. does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company and better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can and we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.