Full Stack Web Engineer
Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Place Insights (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 200 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence.
About our Engineering Team:
In the last year, our small team has shipped countless features and improvements in addition to 4 major new products: Attribution by Foursquare, Pilgrim SDK Dashboard, Foursquare Analytics, and an internal research tool. Our engineers play a key role in product development, from concept to launch, so be ready to bring your creative ideas to the table as we continue to scale up our SaaS web products. We push new versions of the website and API almost every day so it won't take long to get your work out in front of our millions of users.
- 3+ years of proven experience building software for fast growing web or mobile products
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals with sound knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design
- Experience with Java or other object-oriented programming language or, even better, experience and/or interest in functional languages (we use Scala!)
- Experience with RESTful web services, both writing your own and consuming those written by others
- Bonus points for experience building interactive data visualizations using libraries like D3, Highcharts, and Leaflet, and for experience working with big data systems like Hive, Hadoop, Scalding and Spark.
- Comfortable in a small and fast-paced startup environment
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.