Hi, we're Brigit! A holistic financial health company helping every American build a brighter financial future. With a business model that is aligned with our customers, we create transparent, fair, and simple financial products that put money back in the hands of our members, help them spend wisely, avoid unfair fees and build their credit quickly. We're backed by leading VC's including Lightspeed Venture Partners and DCM, a number of the world's most influential social impact investors like Flourish and Sound, and several mission driven celebrity investors like Kevin Durant and Will Smith! If autonomy, ownership, and having meaningful input at the company you work for is important to you, come join our growing team!
Brigit is looking for fullstack engineers to help us scale our next-generation consumer finance platform to millions of users in the next year. We’ve found tremendous traction helping low income Americans make ends meet; now is the time to scale. We’ve built a mobile/web app on React and React Native with Typescript, and a backend of Java services in Google Cloud. It’s served us well so far, but we need help making it even better.
Our team has two main goals:
1) Feature development supporting numerous external and internal applications. The next generation of our product may look nothing like it does today - and we welcome that! The degree to which we implement new user flows, compute our proprietary algorithms, integrate with 3rd party APIs, store data, and serve traffic will make or break our success.
2) Scalability of our customer-facing applications. Growing from 100k to 10 million users presents unique technical challenges. The efficiency and reliability of both our customer-facing and internal tools needs to improve. We have fun Data Engineering tasks, automation procedures, and availability/monitoring problems to tackle. We also have many user-facing projects, including the creation and upkeep of components and libraries, REST API design, testing and QA processes, and CI/CD enhancements.
Our team is small and nimble; you'll be given an extraordinary amount of autonomy and ownership. More importantly, you have a large say in the direction of the company -- both in terms of our technology and our product.
Recent accomplishments of our team are:
- Building a Payments API platform that moves millions of dollars on a daily basis
- Implementing the advanced mathematical processes behind our proprietary risk algorithm
- Normalizing relational database schema to optimize for performance for over 1 million users
- End to end User notification (via SMS, Email, Push) capabilities
- Building internal tools that enable our Customer Support Specialists to help our customers ASAP
One of our greatest strengths is the speed at which we move. If you want to propose a new way of doing things, we are all ears. If you have an idea for a new feature, we'll be open to it. A new design paradigm? Bring it on. At Brigit you can enjoy a mature CI/CD platform with automated deployment processes, an easy-to-use local/staging/production development environment, and teammates willing to fill in the gaps. We automate manual things so we can focus on thinking and building something that helps people.
As a fullstack engineer we’re looking for existing experience with either the frontend or backend stack that we use or both. We don’t expect everyone to know everything in our stack, but having one side of overlap (frontend/backend) that you feel very comfortable with will set you up for success here.
We don’t expect everyone to know everything in our stack, but having one side of overlap (frontend/backend) that you feel very comfortable with will set you up for success here.
What You Have
- 3+ years of industry experience in full time or internship roles as a software engineer
- Experience with SQL databases, constructing schemas, performing migrations and writing analytical queries
- Kubernetes, Docker or other container system experience is a plus
- Up-to-date grasp of the constantly evolving JS language standards, ES6 and beyond
- Quantitative skills, knowledge or experience in Finance is a plus
- Experience building UI/UX for new features from end-to-end
What You'll Be Doing
- Reinventing the APIs supporting User flows to ensure a great user experience
- Optimizing queries and relational database schema to ensure speedy response times
- Implementing algorithms related to monetary transaction evaluation, risk management, income verification, and other predictive models
- Integrating with new 3rd party APIs to serve millions of customers
- Decreasing our customer service workload by building improvements to the product or improving our internal automations
- Implementing interaction and motion design for more delightful user experiences
- Automating visual testing & visual regression detection processes
- Creating new mobile & web clients for upcoming products
- Work with the Product & Design teams to spec, build, and ship a new Financial Health Score feature
- A/B testing and optimizing features that boost our business’ bottom line
- Scale out our mobile/web client distribution to over 2 million users
Who You Are
- You are a self-starter, self-motivated, and able to work independently and manage multiple projects under minimal supervision
- You’re excited to learn and work on things that are outside of your comfort zone, and ask questions proactively when you need help
- You have a customer-driven mentality, and you think about the work that you do in the ways that they will ultimately see it
Our Benefits & Team
-Help hard working Americans build a brighter financial future
-High-growth company at an early stage
-A dynamic, flexible and collaborative start-up work environment with a highly talented team
-Minimum 3 weeks PTO
-Paid Parental Leave
-Monthly reimbursements to use against wifi and cell phone bills
At Brigit, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Read Full Job Description