Fullstack Software Developer, CRIT at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Do you want to join an innovative team and contribute to cancer research? Are you creative and want to tackle meaningful problems? Then join us here at MSK, where we can provide you with the opportunity to do all those things! This is an exciting role for someone who has the right skills to be part of a dynamic team and learn how to apply their skills to support our mission: the progressive control and cure of cancer through programs of patient care, research, and education.
Join MSK’s Clinical Research Informatics & Technology (CRIT) team as we meet the challenge of fighting cancer in the modern era. We are responsible for creating and supporting the software and systems for our clinical research program at MSK. You’ll join a product team in CRIT to contribute to platform objectives, which may shift periodically based on team capacity and deliverables.
You are a highly skilled software developer. You’re comfortable contributing to architectural discussions and are keen on driving technical decisions within your team. You work well in a dynamic team environment, and are comfortable interacting with stakeholders, designers, architects, other developers and QA / DevOps engineers.
What you'll do:
- Design and develop software covering the full stack (front-end and back-end.)
- Brainstorm with your team to conceptualize and build new features for highly impactful research initiatives.
- Design and develop robust solutions that will not only be used by your immediate team, but across the enterprise. You’ll be adding to our API Portfolio (Microservices) that will enable our Toolmakers to transform the delivery of healthcare.
- Collaborate in an agile team with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, System Architects, other Development Teams, QA Engineers, DevOps Engineers and Users.
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Java, C# and .Net Core, etc.
- Proficiency with front end languages such as React, Vue, etc.
- Proficiency with relational databases such as SQL Server, MySQL, etc.
- A familiarity with application integration patterns, event driven architecture and building high volume services.
- Familiarity with using Docker, Kubernetes or similar container technologies and setting up CI/CD pipelines is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills that you’ll use to relay technical information to various team members & stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or relevant experience.)
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.