GD&T Engineer at Peloton
This role collaborates closely with the Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Program Management and Quality Engineering teams to ensure appropriate product definition and design controls through 2D drawings and 3D CAD support for all phases of the product development lifecycle. You will also work closely with the Manufacturing and Sustaining engineering teams to provide support for continued process improvement through 3D and 2D CAD.
- Create technical 2D product drawings for all components and assemblies through entire product lifecycle of fitness products.
- Provide 3D CAD support to the Industrial Design and Mechanical Engineering teams for robust model creation.
- Establish best practices for 3D and 2D CAD creation and mentor junior staff
- Manages release timing of all parts and assemblies of product line to meet build schedule.
- Define and manage Bill of Material Structure of product top level assembly
- Create and manage advanced CAE tools
- Work with Hardware Engineering team to define engineering tolerances on drawings
- Coordinate cross departmental drawing and process reviews.
- Support Manufacturing Engineering team with ongoing Production and cost-down projects.
- Create engineering change orders (ECO) for build preparation, product release and post-production changes.
- 6+ years post graduate mechanical design experience and/or 6+ years of drafting experience
- BS or BE in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
- Strong Experience with consumer product design (fitness equipment a plus)
- Strong Experience with 3D Modeling software (Solidworks 3D CAD and Solidworks PDM preferred)
- Experience with Arena or equivalent product lifecycle management software
- Strong Experience with core manufacturing methods including sheet metal, injection molding, machining and casting
- Strong knowledge of product life cycle management
- Experience working with Contract Manufacturers
- Spoken and written English
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5 or ISO 8015, 1101 and 2768 drawing standards
- Expert Knowledge using GD&T to define products for 2D drawings
- Experience creating and modifying master models for 3D CAD
- This position is based in NYC HQ
- Certified Solidworks Professional (CSWP) certification or higher
- Experience with Solidworks PDM Administration tool
- Experience as CAD Administrator