We are looking for a leader in Security Response and Operations who is driven to resolve incidents with full scope analysis, rather than simple event-based and checkbox remediations. This Security Response Engineer will work with the expanding Flatiron International team in Germany to help support our business as it focuses on generating real-world oncology data and evidence. We’re looking for a Security Engineer who is excited by our goals of learning from the experience of every cancer patient in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment.
Who We Are
Flatiron Health is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to learn from the experience of every cancer patient. Flatiron was acquired for $1.9B in 2018, making it one of the largest technology exits in the space, and remains an independent subsidiary of the largest oncology drug developer, the Roche Group. Flatiron is building a connected technology platform that enables the development of actionable insights that can help cancer care providers and researchers learn from every patient’s experience. Our 1,000 employees and 1,500 part-time data abstractors represent a diverse group of leaders from across industries, including oncologists and nurses, data scientists, engineers, researchers and many more.
Flatiron Health was founded in the United States but is working to expand its mission globally. We established our first international office in 2020 (in London), and have prioritized Germany to be our first international market within the European Union, and established a Flatiron GmbH subsidiary in fall 2020. Within the overall company, Flatiron GmbH is a small and growing team focused on transforming the use of healthcare data and improving outcomes of German patients. If you’re interested in joining a small, fast-paced team focused on improving cancer care and accelerating cancer research across the globe, here’s what you need to know:
What You'll Do
Flatiron GmbH is hiring a Senior Security Response Engineer to serve as the lead Responder for our International Operations, working with the Flatiron US teams to integrate detections and intelligence, and overseeing Security Operations within Germany. This Senior Security Response Engineer will collaborate with other Flatiron employees across the globe, in countries such as Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the Flatiron Incident Detections and Response Team to build out new detections and tune existing ID&R workflows
- Join threat hunts based on intelligence provided by the Intelligence Team
- Create Response Playbooks for GSOC/MSSP Consumption
- Work with Managed Security Service Providers to ensure efficacy, coverage, and that response standards are being met
- Develop data processing policies and procedures to ensure that Global Incident Response policies, procedures, playbooks, and other actions, adhere to relevant data privacy standards
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team including technical (e.g., software engineers), business, data privacy experts, quantitative scientists, and other clinical professionals
- Serve as a source of thought leadership for the direction of the International Security team
- Help build a German-based team and company culture as GmbH grows
Who You Are
You're a security analyst, engineer, and part time hacker with experience researching and investigating cyber attacks, and the understanding of what motivates an attacker. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day, and not just tackling a cumbersome queue. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You are familiar with security principles covering aspects of Infrastructure, Legal/Governance/Risk/Compliance, and Incident Response
- You have experience investigating cyber attacks, from reconnaissance through exfiltration, and beyond
- You have experience with the full incident response lifecycle, from detection to remediation, and lessons learned
- You have experience with Threat and Risk Modeling to balance and prioritize response initiatives and projects
- You have the mindfulness to discern between happenstance, negligence, and malice
- You go above and beyond Security checkboxes and tradition
- You can collaborate and easily explain security terms to a non-technical, highly sophisticated audience; superior communication skills
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and a willingness to teach and learn
- You are excited about working in a passionate, fast-paced, technology-driven culture
- You have experience in the healthcare industry
- You have an understanding of GDPR and other international data privacy standards
- You are fluent in German and English
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, product teams, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between.
Flatiron is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination on the grounds of race or ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.