Quartet is a pioneering healthcare technology company striving to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. We connect people to a personalized care team to get them the right care at the right time. Our collaborative technology platform and range of services brings together physicians, mental health providers, and insurance companies to effectively improve patient outcomes and drive down healthcare costs. Backed by $153MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners and Centene Corporation, Quartet is headquartered in NYC and is currently operating in several markets across the United States — Pennsylvania, Washington, Northern California, New Jersey, North Carolina, Louisiana, and Illinois.
About the team & opportunity
The Core Platform team builds and operates services that support end-user applications and integrations with internal and external systems. We do this while working directly with our product team to understand the value we wish to deliver to our users. Our work is typically realized in the form of APIs but can take other forms such as scheduled workloads and batch ingestion pipelines. We design, implement and support these services in collaboration with the wider engineering team to ensure an efficient and robust service offering.
As a candidate for this role, you value working with a team that values high quality, reliable, maintainable code. You share the idea that effective testing is a critical part of the development process. Ultimately, you're looking to advance your career as a software engineer by joining us to build a scalable and secure platform that helps patients receive the care they need.
- Help define, estimate and deliver new product features.
- Design scalable and secure technical solutions.
- Support our production environment by participating in the on-call rotation.
- Participate in our agile development processes.
- Experience with Java (ideally with Spring Boot)
- Experience with at least one popular web application framework such as Django, Rails, Spring Boot, etc.
- Experience with SQL, relational database modeling and schema migration strategies.
- Experience deploying services on a major cloud provider.
- Awareness of web application security concepts and preventative strategies.
- Understanding of API design principles and patterns such as REST, GraphQL and RPC.
- Experience working with third party APIs.
- Interested in serverless and cloud native architecture patterns.
- Awareness of Domain Driven Design principles.
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, team events, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental and military leave, commuter benefits, 401K, and stock option grants.