Growth Engineer, Android at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
We're looking for a talented Android engineer to join our Growth Team. We work closely with our internal teams and customers to integrate key Braze features into their products and with existing customers to improve their use of Braze. You’ll be side-by-side with the product and engineering teams at some of the fastest growing and most innovative brands, like Postmates, Microsoft, ibotta, Domino’s, and OkCupid. For many of these companies, the mobile app is their flagship product and the face of their brand. You’ll work with brands like these as an extension of their team to help solve their challenges with customer engagement.
The ideal candidate will have experience developing mobile applications, working with APIs, project management, delivering professional services, and have great people skills. You should have examples of projects that you’ve managed end-to-end from design to finished product. You should be great at managing your own time, breaking down complicated problems, troubleshooting, and rapidly iterating on a product.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with the world's best Android developers to supercharge their user experience with the Braze SDK. Gain exposure to numerous apps, teams, and environments.
- Build Android applications to showcase the Braze Android SDK.
- Lead internal and external technical presentations on the the best practices of the Braze Android SDK.
- Collaborate with internal teams to build bespoke implementations for customers. You’ll also work with these teams to document what’s been delivered.
- Attend developer conferences and meetups.
- Work directly with customers' engineering teams to understand their code base and development environments.
- Be encouraged to share your thoughts on all things Android and/or Braze.
- Participate in code review of the Braze Android SDK
- Improve our documentation to make it easier for all of our customers to use Braze’s SDKs.
Who will be successful as a Forward Deployed Engineer:
- 3+ years of experience in Android development, primarily in Java and ideally a familiarity with Kotlin.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with web-services like APIs (REST, SOAP, etc.), web authentication (OAuth, SSO, etc.), and web principles like JSON.
- Understanding mobile channels like SMS, Push, In-App Messaging, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a user-centric attitude.
- High level of intellectual curiosity. You see opportunity and growth in learning more about what you do and how it impacts others.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.