Who We Are
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. Magazine’s 2019 Best Places to Work, and Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.What We’re Looking For
We're looking for a talented full-stack engineer to join our Growth Team. Growth develops new tools and productized services to help our client-facing teams scale more effectively. We’re a data-driven organization that looks for opportunities to use automation and new technologies to solve business challenges. The team is currently focused on launching a new business intelligence tool, developing data visualizations, e-learning designed for clients and email deliverability reporting.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience developing web applications, working with APIs, and data visualization. You should have examples of projects that you’ve managed end-to-end from design to finished product. You should be great at managing your own time, breaking down complicated problems, developing hypotheses, and rapidly iterating on a product.What You’ll Do
- Utilize internal and external APIs to script accessing customer data and develop custom reports
- Develop web applications used by our internal teams and our sophisticated client base to script routine tasks, and automate them for efficiency
- Collaborate with the business intelligence team on data analytics and data migrations
- Develop data visualizations using tools like Looker (or similar applications) for services developed by our business intelligence and email deliverability team
- Maintain our overall learning and documentation platform
- Own our repository of example scripts for clients from Python and Ruby to Google Apps Scripts.
Who will be successful as a Growth Engineer:
- 2+ years of experience with full-stack or front-end/back-end development.
- Experience with the following languages:
- Experience with the following platforms:
- Amazon Web Services
- Google App Engine/App Script
- Snowflake DB
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Experience with web-services like APIs (REST, SOAP, etc.), web authentication (OAuth, SSO, etc.), and web principles like JSON.
- You have domain knowledge of two or more of the following:
- SQL, ETLs, SaaS, Email Marketing,Mobile Push Notifications, Using or Developing APIs, Marketing Automation and Marketing Analytics.
- Experience with DevOps or managing data migrations is a plus!
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a user-centric attitude.
- You consider yourself data-minded and technically sound.
- High level of intellectual curiosity. You see opportunity and growth in learning more about what you do and how it impacts others.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents.
- 401(k) matching, life insurance, commuter benefits, and parental leave plans.
- Daily catered lunches and fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages.
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture.
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best.