Hardware Engineer at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
The Hardware Engineer role contributes to the mechanical and electrical design of all CLEAR physical products. This position is contributing to the designing, prototyping, and scaled fabrication of CLEAR consumer hardware products, and sits on our Physical Products team.
What You Will Do:
- Provide hands-on mechanical, electrical design/prototyping for all hardware projects
- Support manufacturing needs and help ensure quality of all CLEAR hardware products
- Lead research of new materials and components to increase compliance and decrease cost
- Collaborate with hardware team to write documentation for hardware product design
- Create technical instructions to inform assembly on production line
- Support on-site hardware team needs at NYHQ and elsewhere as needed
- Electrical PCB design skillset a plus
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of mechanical, electrical or hardware engineering experience
- Consumer products experience - completed at least a product life cycles or familiarity with product life cycles
- Cross-functional experience in hardware, software, reliability and manufacturing
- Understanding of hardware systems, including materials, sensors, displays, audio and power management, firmware
- Experience working with development and manufacturing partners in Asia (TAA compliance a plus)
- Experience with technical document writing
- Experience with document and revision control
- Passion for the intersection of hardware and software to create frictionless user experiences
- Demonstrated track record building stakeholder relationships through outstanding communications and collaboration skills
- Bias towards action and shipping vs making things perfect
- Growth mindset: self-aware of strengths and areas to develop