Hardware Lab Manager at Latch
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that make spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a motivated, hands-on engineer/technician to manage our growing hardware lab in New York. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for prototyping, teardowns, and setting up experiments. They will manage the Latch HW space, helping us grow from required engineering evaluation to a world-class measurement and prototyping lab. The candidate will serve as a focal point within our team to field incoming requests from engineering, help design and execute experiments, and take ownership of ongoing efforts that require lab support.
- Specification, procurement, setup, and calibration of measurement and prototyping equipment
- Design and execution of experiments for bring-up and evaluation of new Latch designs
- Oversight and maintenance of Latch automated HW testing
- Preparing product samples for third-party compliance and reliability laboratory testing
- Training of new hires in lab safety and fabrication basics (soldering, power tools, 3D printing, etc.)
- Development of workflow for lab support requests, organizing and prioritizing incoming work in concert with the FW & HW teams
- Ensure lab equipment, supply and tools are setup, stocked and maintained
- Procure, track, and calibrate common tools and equipment
- Associates degree or BS in Electronics, Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Proficient electronics background, especially in troubleshooting and validation of analog circuits
- Hands on lab experience including data acquisition, and lab test equipment such as: oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, power supplies, power analyzers, etc
- Demonstrated engineering passion, initiative, innovation, and creativity
- Experience with 3D printers and required maintenance is preferred
- Capable of soldering 0201 components
- Experience with mechanical hand and power tools
- 5+ years working as an engineer or technician in a similar hardware development setting
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 200+ team members working to reimagine modern buildings of today and drive evolution for the cities of tomorrow. Over half of our team members work in product development roles, and our team leverages established expertise in over 55 professional disciplines.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
Applicant Privacy Notice