Hardware Reliability Engineer
Latch is seeking a multi-talented Hardware Reliability Engineer. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience in consumer electronics design and manufacturing. They should be competent in statistical analysis, design of experiments, and process control methodologies.
They will be starting out by performing root cause failure analysis of electronics, mechanical, and firmware issues. The ideal candidate will grow into a role identifying opportunities to generate and use data to drive continuous improvement across multiple product lines. This role will work with our domestic design, international manufacturing, and product teams to solve and prevent systemic hardware issues.
Smart access isn’t about locking doors, it’s about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the world’s first fully integrated hardware and software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. We’re looking for the curious and the creative to join our team and help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Perform root cause failure analysis on product return failures
- Debug mechanical and electronic issues, including at the PCBA level
- Identify high risk failure modes in hardware engineering designs
- Design and perform experiments to assess failure rate predictions and failure effects
- Analyze system level reliability during product development and production
- BS in EE, or related engineering field
- 5+ years in hardware product development or manufacturing
- Understanding of statistical analysis and process control methodologies
- Knowledge of electronic components and measurement tools
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Statistical experience and mathematical modeling (JMP, MATLAB)
- Experience with Python
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture backed startup building the world’s first complete smart access system. We now boast over 100 employees, all of whom are all passionate self starters with unique backgrounds and unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from Penn Station in New York City. We offer unlimited Paid Time Off and a competitive health package. And we offer an office environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers. And there is no better time to join us. As we grow as a company, we are excited to see our employees grow with us.
Applicant Privacy Notice