Hardware Systems Lead at Peloton
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Peloton Hardware Systems Lead is a technical leadership role with the responsibility to shape the engineering design of the treadmill product line and provide sound technical direction as things move through product development. This individual will have hands-on experience and oversight of all aspects of hardware development, which includes working collaboratively within a highly technical cross functional team. As the company is highly dynamic with an exciting product roadmap, this individual will play a key role in ensuring overall engineering robustness, manufacturability, time to market, and cost goals are all met. Additionally, there will be ample opportunity to engage with leadership at all levels of the company.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineering teams as they move through development and mass production
- Collaborate with the Product Management team on roadmap definition and future product features
- Work with engineering management to scope out time and resources required to support product development.
- Guide the work of mechanical, electrical and firmware leads ensuring engineering best practices such as design reviews, DFMEA sessions, tooling/prototype readiness reviews, and test planning.
- Ensure clear definition of engineering requirements and corresponding test plans to be created by the engineering team
- Contribute to planning for product updates and improvement based on field failures and customer feedback
- Contribute to planning for next generation products through technology and R&D exploration
- Collaborate with a global network of suppliers throughout development phases to ensure quality and performance
- Collaborate with adjacent development teams to ensure design success, including industrial design, product management, and operations
- Work with drafting team to ensure appropriate product definition and design controls
THESE MAY DESCRIBE YOU:
- 10+ years engineering design experience or experience leading an engineering team
- B.S. in an engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience leading engineering teams through new product development
- Experience doing development and production planning work with Contract Manufacturers
- Experience with core manufacturing methods including sheet metal, injection molding, machining and casting
- Experience with test and measurement tools
- Great attention to engineering detail
- Ability to articulate and defend engineering decisions as well as being able to present to executive level leadership
- High motivation to teach, learn, and contribute to both product and process development
- Spoken and written English
- Ability to multitask and manage your time wisely
- Positive attitude and high energy!
- Experience in quality management and quality systems
- Process engineering experience
- Specific expertise in fitness equipment or consumer electronics
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH:
- You will report directly to a Director of Engineering
- You will work cross functionally with many teams including Program Management, Product Management, Operations, Quality, Electrical Engineering, Firmware Engineering, and Industrial Design.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.