Catalyst is the world’s most intuitive Customer Success Platform (CSP), and was built by an experienced group of industry leaders. Our software integrates with all of the tools that CS teams are already using to provide one centralized view of customer data. Customer Success Managers can subsequently take the right actions to prevent churn, increase product adoption, and align the entire organization on a unified workflow to manage customers throughout their journey. Catalyst helps organizations turn Customer Success into a company-wide mission.
We are looking for a seasoned leader who is experienced in scaling early-stage technical teams. As the Head of Engineering, you will provide strategic technical guidance and people development to the entirety of our engineering org - which is currently Catalyst’s largest department. You will be responsible for maintaining a strong engineering culture, attracting top talent, and overseeing the overall health of our engineering function. You will be an integral member of Catalyst’s leadership team, and will report directly to our CEO.
What You’ll Do
- Build and maintain a standard of technical excellence and shared accountability
- Directly manage Catalyst’s 3 engineering managers, while remaining an accessible resource for the entirety of the Catalyst’s engineering team
- Act as a translator and advocate for the engineering team’s business needs and roadmap, and successfully rally departments such as Sales, Customer Success, and Product around the engineering team’s work
- Ensure that your department is set up for success, by appropriately & effectively staffing and resourcing projects
- Balance your technical expertise with a passion & genuine advocacy for our product
- Evangelize Catalyst engineering within the broader tech community, through events such as panels, conferences, and technical talks
What You’ll Need
- Demonstrated experience in leading engineering organizations through periods of rapid yet strategic growth
- Successful track record of building diverse, inclusive teams
- Tenured experience within SaaS organizations is required; B2B experience is preferred
- Exceptional negotiation abilities and persuasiveness, coupled with a high degree of empathy
- Discernible passion for Catalyst’s mission
Why You’ll Love Working Here!
- Highly competitive compensation package, including equity - everyone has a stake in our growth
- Comprehensive benefits, including 100% paid medical insurance coverage for you, your partner, and your dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy, encouraging you to take the time you need - we trust you to strike the right work/life balance
- Personal Seamless account, to be used for free daily lunches; catered team lunches twice per week
- Annual education stipend, to ensure that you're continuously expanding your skill set
- Monthly team-building events (including game nights - Super Smash Brothers, Team Fortress 2, and Codenames, anyone?, trivia, and more!)
Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer, meaning that we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected class. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.