Hybrid Cloud Engineer at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
This position will be based out of NYC or Monmouth/Lyndhurst NJ dependent on the candidates location.
Are you looking for a chance to create a difference for MSK's cloud journey? This is the position you want to join! We are a fast-paced and growing cloud team that is seeking a Senior Hybrid Cloud Engineer. This opportunity will allow you to participate in a hybrid cloud platform utilizing Azure and AWS public cloud as well as on-premise private cloud initiative. This is an outstanding opportunity within DigITs division of MSK. We are seeking a candidate that is passionate about developing automated cloud solutions on both AWS and Azure cloud infrastructure.
- Self-motivated with a proven track record in designing, developing & engineering cloud solutions for enterprise environments
- Capable of understanding infrastructure and project requirements to develop suitable solutions.
- A good decision-maker and able to provide timely solutions.
- A quick learner and capable to work in fast-paced environment.
- Team-player and mentor for other team members
- Craft and build solutions using native cloud automation technology such as AWS Cloud formation, Azure ARM Templates and/or Terraform.
- Collaborate with cloud team, other IT team, application support and vendor to design and develop solutions.
- Identify and analyze project requirements and translate it into cloud solution with full automation.
- Poses AWS and Azure experience to provide solutions and mentorship to the customers.
- Be an enthusiast who is eager to innovate and continuous improvement in what you do.
- Experience in AWS automation such Cloud Formation, AWS serverless technologies.
- 2+ years’ experience with Azure automation technology using ARM Template and serverless technologies.
- Experience in automating AWS and Azure reliability solutions such as HA/DR configuration, multi-AZ and multi-region deployment, auto-scaling etc.
- Experience in integrating AWS and Azure cloud with third party software, other SaaS services or on-premise application.
- Deep understanding of cloud offerings in areas of Network, Security, DevOps, Operations, Monitoring, Alerts, Compute, Storage, Database, Serverless etc.
- Proven understanding and professional usage of configuration management tools like Ansible or Puppet.
- Completed multiple CI/CD pipelines for release cycle management.
- Experience working with GitHub or Azure DevOps.
- Experience working in Agile environment such as SAFe Agile framework.
- Worked with project management tools such as JIRA or Rally.
- Prior development experience in C#, .Net, Python, or any other language is required.
- Understanding of IT networking, Security, Storage, Directory Services concept is desirable.
- PowerShell and/or bash scripting exposure.
- AWS or Azure Cloud Certification is a plus.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.