IAM Engineer at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
CLEAR is seeking an IAM Engineer to develop and implement new initiatives. You must be adept in the design and implementation of strategic technologies and solutions for enterprise scale organizations. This role will interact broadly across many technical teams and you will be creating, building, and automating Identity and Access Management solutions.
What You Will Do:
- Execute design and build activities for automating the user access lifecycle including design reviews, code reviews and architecture reviews.
- Collaborate with product owners and engineering teams to execute technical design and implementation efforts to build identity provisioning features in areas such as access termination, birthright provisioning as well as access request and fulfilment
- Participate in vendor evaluation and vendor technology selection for provisioning platforms and other related disciplines in Access Governance
- Work closely with other IAM and Cybersecurity team members to transform functional areas of IAM pertaining to access authorization, and work to integrate that with other IAM technologies
Who You Are:
- 3-5+ years of experience in Identity and Access Management
- Experience programing in at least one major language: Python or Java preferred, but other languages such as PowerShell and C++ will be considered too
- Possess strong knowledge of API and connector standards such as SCIM, SOAP and REST
- Possess strong knowledge of authentication and authorization protocols, such as SAML, OIDC, And OAuth
- Experience building and/or configuring at least one market leading Identity Governance & Administration (IGA) platform
- Have strong subject matter knowledge of IAM disciplines such as Access Request and Fulfilment, Birthright provisioning, access termination, Access Certifications, Privileged Access Management and Policy Based Access Controls
- Experience building IAM systems such as an Identity Warehouse for correlating users to their access across applications and platforms
- Experience providing operational support, with the ability to quickly diagnose and resolve issues across a variety of IAM platforms
- Experience provisioning to cloud and on-prem directory stores
- Prior hands-on experience with cloud-native IAM with one of the “big 3” cloud platform providers
- Have working knowledge of CI/CD tooling and experience integrating IAM systems with it
- Experience working with and implementing Privileged Access Management (PAM) systems
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Possess knowledge of cloud computing concepts and DevOps enabling technologies such as “infrastructure as code” and containers
- Have a strong understanding of microservices, OAuth/OIDC, API standards and API based architectures
- Prior hands-on experience building workflows in “low code no code” workflows console